I seem to have a pick-holding trouble. I have a different pick-hold for like every type of note. One for fast palm muting or alternate picking, powerchords and so on. But when i go from one to the other, I need to shift the way my thumb is on the pick. When I alternate pick, or paml mute fast, the thumb is close to the bottom, which is the way i think its supposed to be held. And When i play on more than one string, my thumb leaves more room on the bottom. I am more comfortable with the way i hold my pick when i alternate pick. How do I make it so i don't automatically change the way i hold my pick? How do i make it so i hold it correctly all the time?

Thanks
Gear:
Epiphone SG Special
Peavy Vypyr amp

Been Playing Every day since July 30th, 2009.
No lessons, only the ones provided here at Ultimate Guitar.
Quote by JakeIsInsane
I seem to have a pick-holding trouble. I have a different pick-hold for like every type of note. One for fast palm muting or alternate picking, powerchords and so on. But when i go from one to the other, I need to shift the way my thumb is on the pick. When I alternate pick, or paml mute fast, the thumb is close to the bottom, which is the way i think its supposed to be held. And When i play on more than one string, my thumb leaves more room on the bottom. I am more comfortable with the way i hold my pick when i alternate pick. How do I make it so i don't automatically change the way i hold my pick? How do i make it so i hold it correctly all the time?

Thanks

Practice with it held in a good grip all the time and practice at a tempo where you can control what you're doing, that's all there is to it.
R.I.P. My Signature. Lost to us in the great Signature Massacre of 2014.

Quote by Master Foo
“A man who mistakes secrets for knowledge is like a man who, seeking light, hugs a candle so closely that he smothers it and burns his hand.”

Album.
Legion.
Figure out which one would be optimum for all of those, then slowly practice keeping your pick in that grip all the time.

If your pick is too big, it may also cause the uncomfortable feeling.

I hate anything other than my Tortex Jazz III's to be honest, so you may want to look into finding YOUR pick.