I love this amp. But no matter what I do, I hear this god awful fizz and ear piercing frequencies when I play it loudly with the V30. It's only apparent if I get in front of the speaker. It's almost like it's broken... it's just very unpleasant. However, if I face the cab to a wall or something it's good.

So I recently bought an avatar 1x12 extension cab with a g12h30 in it. I run it in conjunction with the mesa. Sounds great! Much fuller and clearer. However, when I run loud overdrive again, if I go in front of the g12h30, it sounds amazing! blows me away! But with the v30, I get the awful noises!

So I'm thinking about swapping the v30 out for a g12t75. I have a trade arranged TODAY for a 1990 one, so it's well broken in. Please tell me if this is a good choice or if there will always be loud annoying frequencies etc... I play metal and like a great chunky sound but not obnoxious like a marshall. Also I hear old celestions are better. This ones made in england. is this true?
Quote by 311ZOSOVHJH
Congrats dude. I kinda want a BJ too 'cause I like them so much. I'll check your clipz later.

Didnt get a chance to go today. He had something come up. But i do have an offer on an Eminence Private Jack.... not even broken in. So, well-broken in g12t75, or very newish eminence private jack? I dont know much about the jack..
Quote by 311ZOSOVHJH
Congrats dude. I kinda want a BJ too 'cause I like them so much. I'll check your clipz later.

I already have a 30w g12h30 in the 1x12 cab. I'm hoping to have something to make the sound a little different but still just as powerful. the v30 is just god awful in the combo. The DC5 puts out 50 watts.
Quote by 311ZOSOVHJH

lol..

I don't want to be picky. i put a craigslist add saying. trade v30 for 8 ohm speaker with less mids

and so far i got the eminence private jack and the g12t75, so i kinda just wanna trade for one of them to get rid of this spiky ass v30. but i dont know which one is better!
Quote by 311ZOSOVHJH