Hey there guys,

So, I have been looking at a few guitars recently and thought I would start a thread here to get some recommendations also. I have been playing guitar for just over 2 years so have quite a bit of experience.

Here is what I am looking for:
1. Somethung in the price range of £200 - £300. (Sorry I have no idea what that is in $). The reason for me buying a cheap guitar is that I am only 15 so I don't have a job or anything where I can make cash easily....
2. I am going to tune this guitar to Drop C (I know I will need thicker strings and am going to get my local shop to set it up for me as i don't want to warp the neck or anything silly) so I will want a guitar with maybe a Dual Humbucker or something to really get a heavy sound.
3. As much as I like Metal I am not particularly a fan of all these crazy shapes!

One guitar I think seems pretty good for the Job is the Schecter Omen 6. Is this good or do you guys have any other suggestions?

Thank you,
Jordan
My Gear
Guitars:
Encore E6 Blaster Series (My First Guitar, Great to learn on)
Jackson DK2S
Fender Squier Telecaster Custom
Amps:
BB10 10 Watt something or another...
60 Watt Marshall JCM 2000 TSL602
Effects:
Boss ME-50 Multi Effects Pedal
Yeah I have been looking at some Ibanez guitars too actually

Any specific ones that seem to be good for the Job?
My Gear
Guitars:
Jackson DK2S
Amps:
Effects:
Ibanez S520EX... I dont know about tuning it that low though. Omen wouldnt be a bad idea though.
I have an Ibanez RG2EX1 and It is fantastic it was 300 US dollars so idk about your currency. but it has amazing dual humbuckers emg style, it is made to work very well with heavy strings, and it has a pretty normal shape, win, win, win, situation!
Some kind of Ibanez RG would fit every need you're asking for. Simple shape. Cheap price. Worth every dollar you pay for and then some imo. Great for beginning plays all the way up to pros. Look at the RG2EX1 or something similar.

EDIT:Posted that same time as post above me. I used to have an RG2EX1, very good simple RG guitar. With a very flat, wide neck. Almost like a tele. The for being stock ibz(emg designed) pickups, they actually sound pretty much. No noise at all. Tuners could be better, but then again this guitar only goes for $300 brand new, and I would say that it's probably as good as a lot of guitars at double that price.
Last edited by handbanana at Jun 5, 2010,
they actually just came out with a new series designed specifically for low tunings, personally i didnt like it but thats just me, definitely go try it.
the schecter would be almost perfect
Our lord David Cameron in heaven

papa oom mow mow

Quote by captaincrunk
I love sex toys. I don't really care what the shape is. It can be a rabbit, a fat man, Jesus, whatever

1960 Gibson les paul - Klon centaur - 60s marshall plexi/mesa boogie dual rec
Wow! Thanks for all the recommendations guys! I will do a quick web search on these now
My Gear
Guitars:
Jackson DK2S
Amps:
Effects:
Quote by Swannie
they actually just came out with a new series designed specifically for low tunings, personally i didnt like it but thats just me, definitely go try it.

u mean the RGD series? yea, they come with a 26.5 scale and they come in store already in d standard (all strings whole step lower if you didn't know)
I'd say Ibanez. Their low end stuff isn't horrible. They're edgy without being too much.
Quote by Fat Lard
Why would you spend tens of thousands of dollars to learn about a language you already speak? It was over before it even started dude

Quote by captainsnazz
brot pls
I prefer fender or either an ibanez guitar. In case you want an amp too get a fender amp.
As an owner of a Schecter Omen 6, I have to say that it's a great guitar for the price. A pick up change and a good set up, and that thing is golden
-LTD Alexi 600
-LTD MH-100 QM
-Schecter Omen 6
-B-52 AT-112
Quote by My Father
So is this guitar Mexican made or human made? Wait, shit, that was really racist wasn't it?

My shitty covers: http://www.youtube.com/simpleben09
I'd say a Schecter Damien over an Omen.

Ibanez... almost any RG. Do you want a hardtail or floating trem, though?
Thanks for all the posts guys, this helped me look around for a lot of guitars and get a good idea of whats about! I went to my shop this weekend and tried out a few and really loved the Fender Squier Telecaster Custom! Not exactly a Metal guitar I know but it has 2 humbuckers, is a nice shape, fitted in my price range and I really like dplaying it.

The shop set it up for me and I picked it up today. Love the guitar, Love Drop C!

Thanks again,
Jordan
My Gear
Guitars:
Jackson DK2S
Amps:
Effects: