im guessing it is good based completely on the hope that no one would offer a crappy mod for a 2000+ dollar amp
Originally posted by primusfan
When you crank up the gain to 10 and switch to the lead channel, it actually sounds like you are unjustifiably bombing an innocent foreign land.

╠═══════╬═══════╣
τλε τρπ βπστλεπλσσδ
╠═══════╬═══════╣
Quote by AcousticMirror
really any decent tech could do the exact same mods.

They'd need to know what the mod actually involves though, and Voodoo obviously dont list the entire process.
Plus they get custom wound transformers from Mercury Magnetics, I doubt MM would sell them separately, so the only way to get them would be through Voodoo.
I'm just saying like they are just one option. I doubt their the only ones who know how to get a specific voicing or whatever you know. If you say to a tech, I want my amp to do x,y,z they can reasonably do it for you.

the cost of their best mod is like 500 +shipping both ways. I can't help thinking you got the wrong amp if you gotta spend half the cost of an amp modding it.
Prs se Holcomb is the answer
No ones forcing anybody to mod the amp. Theres thousands of people out there with unmodded Uberschalls that are very happy with them.
500 + shipping isnt that bad, considering you get custom wound OT (MMs replacement OTs cost up to $300). I wouldnt do it personally, but its not that bad. Any decent tech could probably do the rest, but they'd definitely have to experiment before they got the best possible sound out of it, Voodoo have already done all the R&D for their mods, thats part of the cost too.
Quote by littlephil
No ones forcing anybody to mod the amp. Theres thousands of people out there with unmodded Uberschalls that are very happy with them.
500 + shipping isnt that bad, considering you get custom wound OT (MMs replacement OTs cost up to $300). I wouldnt do it personally, but its not that bad. Any decent tech could probably do the rest, but they'd definitely have to experiment before they got the best possible sound out of it, Voodoo have already done all the R&D for their mods, thats part of the cost too.

so are you saying an unmodded Uberschall is good or bad?

lolz. No but i'm just saying no one like just happens on an uberschall right? If they want to mod it it's because it's not doing something they want it to do. I'm talking like the complete ot/pt/choke cap upgrade. I dunno. I mean I'm definitely going to replace the ot/pt in my hot rod with the slo's pt/ot. But i'm still coming out ahead considering the slo is 3000.
I havent personally tried one, but I'd expect them to be very good amps, going by the reviews/clips I've heard.

Quote by AcousticMirror
lolz. No but i'm just saying no one like just happens on an uberschall right? If they want to mod it it's because it's not doing something they want it to do. I'm talking like the complete ot/pt/choke cap upgrade. I dunno. I mean I'm definitely going to replace the ot/pt in my hot rod with the slo's pt/ot. But i'm still coming out ahead considering the slo is 3000.

Fair enough. Depends on the individual, I know some people who are happy with stock TSL's, I wasnt that happy with mine until I modded it. Even then I still wasnt that happy with it.
Last edited by littlephil at Jun 5, 2010,
Quote by littlephil
I havent personally tried one, but I'd expect them to be very good amps, going by the reviews/clips I've heard.

Fair enough. Depends on the individual, I know some people who are happy with stock TSL's, I wasnt that happy with mine until I modded it. Even then I still wasnt that happy with it.

That last line's all I'm saying.
Quote by 311ZOSOVHJH
no biggie. My splawn is modded imo.
LOL, since when are mods an opinion? It either is stock or not. Even if you blew an OT, and had it replaced with a better one, is it modded?

If you like the sound of your amp, and want that only BETTER, then yeah go for it. If you think its 'meh' then maybe you should spend be modding something else?
"If you're looking for me,
you better check under the sea,
because that's where you'll find me..."
Quote by DeathByDestroyr
LOL, since when are mods an opinion? It either is stock or not. Even if you blew an OT, and had it replaced with a better one, is it modded?

If you like the sound of your amp, and want that only BETTER, then yeah go for it. If you think its 'meh' then maybe you should spend be modding something else?

OK man.

(there really is no such thing as a stock splawn) just sayin'

PS: most amps need some TLC. Never ever assume otherwise.

Well on mine, all the controls have been changed, I'm running at half power, the preamp tubes are new, the power tube retainers have been meticulously removed, and I run a volume box as a Master volume. Oh and it is recently biased to taste at 31.5 mA

you may not like it but i do....and yes guitar pickups are my next logical mod. Along with guitar lessons lol...
Last edited by 311ZOSOVHJH at Jun 5, 2010,
Being a voodoo mod you're gonna receive a completely different beast when you get your amp back. All of their mods take away the standard sound of the amp and give it something it didn't have before.
Call me Brent
Quote by m33sta.

People would leave guitars for me in a box on the doorstep with a note "Please look after little Johnie, we just cant cope anymore, all he wants to do is hook up with Marshalls, We thought he would be a fender boy.

instead of a $500 mod why not invest in a $100 OD pedal
thats what a lot of the complaints about the uberschall are rectified by
Here's something I don't understand. Modding a mass market amp. Sure.

Modding a boutique amp... isn't a boutique amp supposed to be one level above the mass market products... so shouldn't it do everything you'd want it to do?

If I'm gonna be spending that much money on an amp, it'd better do everything I'd want it to do, otherwise, something is obviously lacking in the amp's intrinsic design.
Quote by Blompcube
it's so cool to hate Gibson, even the federal Department of Justice hates them.

( )( )
( . .) This is Bunny. Copy and paste Bunny into your
C('')('') signature to help him gain world domination.