Right so I'm at my friends having a BBQ and a song comes on and I'm thinking "This is a damn slow version of Nightrain" so I check his iPod and it's a song called Forsaken Fashion Dolls by Lordi and I'm all like "What the hell man!!!"

I mean it sounds the same and then it even has a cowbell inro...which is also the same!!!!

Someone agree with me
lol nah

That sounds like pretty much every hard rock song I've ever heard.

Alright, well in all seriousness, certain songs will have almost identical styles from time to time, it happens.
Last edited by rmr024 at Jun 4, 2010,
Oh man, Slash is in trouble with all these plagiarism threads...
daytripper75

Bullieve

Quote by Amuro Jay
I'm gonna need specific instructions again on how to properly dance with my pants on my head.
Quote by lolmnt
First you put your pants on your head.
Second you dance.
Third you wipe off all the pussy.
Quote by MegadethFan18
Right so I'm at my friends having a BBQ and a song comes on and I'm thinking "This is a damn slow version of Nightrain" so I check his iPod and it's a song called Forsaken Fashion Dolls by Lordi and I'm all like "What the hell man!!!"

I mean it sounds the same and then it even has a cowbell inro...which is also the same!!!!

Someone agree with me

*sips*
yep.
i'll agree the the intro is similar in enough aspects to go 'hey is this?....oh wait...nvm' but that's bout it
My MAIN Gear
*Dunlop CFH
*fellow LEO feel free to give a shout out
Well I was only talking about the intro. Upon putting them side by side the lordi songs intro is the same as Nightrain's rhythm guitar intro.

And the guy that posted that picture of king of the hill and said:

"*sips*
yep."

I count that as fully agreeing with me.

I also agree with what slash_rocks2005 said (other than his user name cause slash didn't rock in that year either) when he said "i'll agree the the intro is similar" (not sic) but I would change similar to "the same"
Quote by MegadethFan18

"*sips*
yep."

I count that as fully agreeing with me.

Make that about 60% agree with you, I was being a little bit sarcastic Sure the intro is the same, and that one riff is close to the same as the chorus for Nightrain, but that's about it that I noticed.
Quote by ComradSputnik
your post contains 'Lordi' and therefore cannot be taken seriously

hello
Quote by ComradSputnik
your post contains 'Lordi' and therefore cannot be taken seriously

daytripper75

Bullieve

Quote by Amuro Jay
I'm gonna need specific instructions again on how to properly dance with my pants on my head.
Quote by lolmnt
First you put your pants on your head.
Second you dance.
Third you wipe off all the pussy.
Being fully honest I didn't hear the full song. When I first heard it I did actually think it was some slow live version of Nightrain I replayed the intro like 3 times them one of my friends was like "what the hell is lordi turn this crap off" then I was thinking

"I need to write this artist/song name down so I can go on ug and see if people agree with me but I don't have paper so I will write it on my bag" people agreed with me so I am happy
the intro riffing is pretty similar to the riffing after the main 'loaded like a freight train...' melody, but you make it sound like they're identical-they're not. very similar for a few seconds, but for someone like me who knows the whole GNR catalog front to back i knew after the first few seconds it was neither a live take nor cover/attempt at a rip off. i'm not bragging, i'm just saying for ME i could definitely hear the differences...but this is my favorite band so it's kinda expected. maybe that's my prob...if i didn't know every GNR song to death and heard them all a thousand times, maybe i'd confuse them easier.

and regarding my username, 2005 just refers to the year i created my yahoo email account which i just keep using that same sn for all my profiles.

and lastly, Slash DID in fact rock in 05', with VR. i commend you for the entertainment bro, it's not very often i hear clips of songs that sound like they're ripping off GNR originals, i didn't think too many people had the balls to attempt that without giving credit.
My MAIN Gear
*Dunlop CFH
*fellow LEO feel free to give a shout out
Well since you know GnR pretty well:

Do you think to vocal melody for the chorus to Locomotive off of UYI2 fits in really well to the intro to "Your Crazy" off of Appetite cause I have always thought that

Put on Your Crazy and sing "My baby got a locomotive, my baby gone off the tracks" and it fits in so well to the intro.

As for it being Nightrain live Guns are my fave band ever and it did confuse me at first. As for Slash not rocking in 05 I did Like both VR albums I just feel I somehow have a right to make fun of him because I have a skull verison tattoo of him on my arm. Like Axl which may be why Axl always rips on him.

Also It's good to see someone else flying the Guns N' Roses flag high
Lordi > Guns N Roses.

Just my 2 cents.
❝Don't be afraid of death, but of an inadequate life❞
Bertolt Bretcht

Quote by KirkMetallica
Lordi > Guns N Roses.

Just my 2 cents.

The lead Rhythm guitarist in the band referenced in my username>>>.the lead guitarist referenced in your user name

heehehheheheh
Quote by MegadethFan18
The lead Rhythm guitarist in the band referenced in my username>>>.the lead guitarist referenced in your user name

heehehheheheh

My maturity > yours
❝Don't be afraid of death, but of an inadequate life❞
Bertolt Bretcht

I read the title of the Lordi song as "Foreskin Fashion Dolls".

That's all I have to say.
Quote by Zero-Hartman
Damn you, bodyheatseeker

Quote by Paramore.
bodyheatseeker, I will NEVER forgive you.

I just listened to both right now

They are similar but I wouldn't call them the same much less a rip off.

I don't know where you're getting this man.
VERY METAL!
\m/
RIP Ronnie James Dio

Quote by metaldud536
RazorTheAwesome, if I was a Ditto, I'd transform into YOU

Quote by Kensai
Basically god wanted to punish people for getting educated/eating apples.

Quote by Jackal58
We all desire a little pussy.
Quote by KirkMetallica
My maturity > yours

Yeah. And?

I haven't matured much past 3 I still laugh out loud when someone says poo