Right, so after many trials and tribulations, I managed to return my V55 to the store. I'm going to Greece in a few weeks, so I don't really have time to go out and thoroughly check out valve amps, so I'm looking for a half decent solid state amp around $150 to have at home for the next couple of weeks, as I am currently AMP-LESS.

I've been looking at the Vox Pathfinder 10, as it seems to have a pretty good rep for being a half decent solid state practice amp. And I can get it for $130. What do you guys think?
Wait, I'm confused. You returned a Bugera V55, which is $400, but you have $150 to spend?
^Returned it for $650 (australian), and I'm putting all that money towards a new valve amp, which I'll get in maybe one or two months' time. I have up to $150, maybe a LITTLE more, out of this week's paycheck to get a solid state amp to see me through for the next 1 to 2 months.
Why get the crappy new amp when you can save the money and add it to the $650, then you can have $800 to spend on your next amp instead.
1. Because I am currently amp-less.
2. It's going to be at least 2 months before I get my next valve amp - i don't want to rush the decision just because i want an amp, any amp, to play on.
4. I've wanted to get a small practice amp since my MG15 crapped out - it just saves on lugging a big amp out every time I want to play. and plus it's quieter.
3. I'm going to get a big annual leave work payout when I get back, so $150 on a practice amp isn't a tremendous issue.
Does it have to be SS? Bugera has a kickass tube for $150 that will make you smile. I can attest. Only thing is that it's a 1x8 so you are losing alot of low-end and it doesn't have low/mid/high settings. BUT... it has reverb. Crazy eh? Check it out! Bugera V5.
Quote by Dunning~Kruger
Yes I was rude, and I was aggressive and I was offending a large group of people. But I was civlized about it.

Taylor 414CE
Quote by cdr_salamander
Does it have to be SS? Bugera has a kickass tube for $150 that will make you smile. I can attest. Only thing is that it's a 1x8 so you are losing alot of low-end and it doesn't have low/mid/high settings. BUT... it has reverb. Crazy eh? Check it out! Bugera V5.

I've already checked out the Bugera V5. Personally, it doesn't flick my switch.

EDIT:

And I have been considering many 5 watt tube amps, but they don't have much, if any, headroom. I'm actually starting to think about the Roland Cube 15.
Last edited by NakedInTheRain at Jun 4, 2010,
Get a vox amplug and the little speaker amp for it. You will be pleased. They sound amazing for the price. They have ones for metal, clean(AC30), Classic, lead.
Cubes make great practice amps. I always use those when I go to GC and test out guitars and don't want to piss the store off. I took my V5 and ran it to a Line 6 IV 1x12 because it had a Celestion and it widened up the tone dramatically. As far as an SS the only one I have is the Vypyr 30 and I bought it for it's modelling. I'm too cheap to buy pedals and all I do is play at home.
Quote by Dunning~Kruger
Yes I was rude, and I was aggressive and I was offending a large group of people. But I was civlized about it.

Taylor 414CE
Heh, I'll sell you my Microcube for $100.
╠═══════╬═══════╣

THE LURKER σƒ τλε τρπ βπστλεπλσσδ

╠═══════╬═══════╣
Electro-Harmonix 22 Caliber 22-watt Guitar Amplifier Head

http://www.google.com/products?hl=en&q=22+caliber+amp&um=1&ie=UTF-8&ei=XL0JTPCeN8P38Aa_guiPBw&sa=X&oi=product_result_group&ct=title&resnum=1&ved=0CCUQrQQwAA

Hook up a speaker, play it for a few months, and sell it off for little loss, or just keep it for a backup.