I'm applying for my first job at Pizza Hut. My friend said he got the job without a resume or anything, but I'm thinking I should still bring one in. Also, should I cut my hair? Pics on the profile it's quite long. Thanks for the information.
Get the resume, tie your hair up. No problem.
So come on in
it ain't no sin
take off your skin
and dance around in your bones

I got a job there with just an application.
This is why I don't like arguing on the internet.
Quote by damian_91
If only you could back that statement up.
Quote by Zombee
Wolfgang's Philadelphia Study. Look it up yourself.
Quote by damian_91
No need to, absurd generalizations aren't my thing.
I don't know many cheap places like that where you need a resume.
Quote by Tyler Durden
It's only after we've lost everything that we're free to do anything.

Erowid
Dress nice, but don't over do it. (Think a button up shirt and some nice jeans not a tuxedo).

This is how it should go out.

You: *Walk to the counter* Hello. I was wondering if the manager was in.
Employee: Yes, hang on and i'll go grab him.
Manager: Hi, can I help you?
You: Yes, hi. I have a resume here and was curious as to if you guys were hiring.
(He can answer in a number of ways, but i'll just do the basic, yes and no.)

Manager: Yes, i'll take that and have a look at it. Is there anything else that I can help you with?
You: No, sir. But thank you. Have a nice day.
Manager: Thanks, you too.

(Or the alternative)
Manager: Actually, we aren't. But I can take your resume and put it on file. If any openings come up then we could give you a call and see what happens.
You: That sounds great. Thanks.
Manager: Anything else that I can help you with?
You: No, but thank you. Have a nice day.
Manager: No problem, you too.

However, there is a chance that you apply online to Pizza Hut so I suggest checking the website first.
Quote by Dayman
I'm applying for my first job at Pizza Hut. My friend said he got the job without a resume or anything, but I'm thinking I should still bring one in. Also, should I cut my hair? Pics on the profile it's quite long. Thanks for the information.

Jacob has got the right idea. With this job market, you are only going to get a job if you show initiative. Where I work, there were plenty of people on file for the job I got, but the reason I got the job was because I didn't apply online; I didn't stop by, get an app, fill it out and turn it back in; I went up and asked for the manager directly and have a face to face talk with him, and got the job within 5 minutes.
Basically do what Jacob said. Because of the economy employers have a larger pool of employees to choose from; act polite and professional and odds are the manager will respect that.

Also, this is off topic but you have the greatest user name ever.
Quote by JacobTheMe
Dress nice, but don't over do it. (Think a button up shirt and some nice jeans not a tuxedo).

This is how it should go out.

You: *Walk to the counter* Hello. I was wondering if the manager was iarrr ARR ARRRK ARRK ARRRRR
Employee: Oh god, someone get the manager he's turned into a T-rex
Manager: Hi, can I help you?
You: FEEL THE WRATH OF THE THUNDER LIZARDS, HUMANOID SCUM
Manager: You are so hired.

[bunch of other stuff that doesn't matter]

^ I agree this is definitely the best situation
Last edited by priest.fan. at Jun 5, 2010,
Quote by priest.fan.
^ I agree this is definitely the best situation

What the hell is that from?
Quote by jrcsgtpeppers

If women can be annoyed there arent any women incongress I should be allowed to be pissed off there are no members of pink floyd or the beatles in congress.
Quote by iro-bot31
Basically do what Jacob said. Because of the economy employers have a larger pool of employees to choose from; act polite and professional and odds are the manager will respect that.

Also, this is off topic but you have the greatest user name ever.

Always Sunny is great
I would cut my hair if I were you. No offense or anything, but if I were hiring someone I would rather hire someone with a nice neat haircut. (Be sure to shave too.) Do what Jacob said, dress nicely and be polite. Oh, and if the manager is a man, and you happen to shake his hand, make sure you use a nice, firm grip (but not TOO firm.)
I pride myself on my humility.
Last edited by mtshark at Jun 5, 2010,
Quote by mtshark
I would cut my hair if I were you. No offense or anything, but if I were hiring someone I would rather hire someone with a nice neat haircut. (Be sure to shave too.) Do what Jacob said, dress nicely and be polite. Oh, and if the manager is a man, and you happen to shake his hand, make sure you use a nice, firm grip (but not TOO firm.)

Thanks, I'm fairly sure the manager isn't Hank Hill though.
you shouldn't need to cut your hair. if you need to cut your hair to get the job they'll tell you. I just got a job at autozone and I have to put it up in a hat. since it's pizza hut they'll probably just let it go in a ponytail, might make you wear a hair net if you're cooking. just be sure and put it in a ponytail when you go in to talk to the manager.

edit: ^ a handshake is actually part of the first impression. a firm handshake portrays confidence and self-assurance. a limp handshake may go unnoticed with most people, but a firm handshake always gives a good impression.
Last edited by The4thHorsemen at Jun 5, 2010,
You don't need a resume. And it isn't necessary to cut your hair, but it'd make things easier
Quote by Oroborous
You don't need a resume. And it isn't necessary to cut your hair, but it'd make things easier

You don't need a resume, and you don't need a hair cut. But do you really want to get the job? If the answer is yes, then I suggest writing a resume and getting a hair cut.