I am a new splawn owner, my gear arrived last month. I have read plenty of posts here and on the splawn forums about the volume issues they have, ie., they need the master to be turned up to at least 9 to sound good.

There are a lot of posts in the splawn forum on how muting the sound in the effect channel can get you there. I tried it and didn't like it.

I have found a combination that lets me open up the splawn master while keeping a nice volume taper.

I run the splawn nitro through a weber 100w attenuator squashing the sound down to 1/2 speaker levels, and have the amp at half power. With the amp at full power, it is usable, but at half power you get a much more indoor volume sweep. I don't really notice tone differences between full and half. This setup makes the splawn indoor usable for me.
Guitars
Amps
311. maybe you should quote this and put it in the splawn thread?
Quote by gregs1020
Brett has been saving for a splawn for 4 years
countries have been toppled in the time it's taking, revolutions won got a black pres

yawn

Quote by bubb_tubbs
When he finally gets one it'll probably be televised like the Berlin Wall coming down.
The end of an era
This post wasn't meant to be a cool story bro kind of thread, just giving honest advice to potential/current splawn owners.
Guitars
Amps
Quote by 311ZOSOVHJH
We know....

just messin'

we don't have a lot of splawn owners here so.....

Yet....
Quote by gregs1020
Brett has been saving for a splawn for 4 years
countries have been toppled in the time it's taking, revolutions won got a black pres

yawn

Quote by bubb_tubbs
When he finally gets one it'll probably be televised like the Berlin Wall coming down.
The end of an era
UG'rs that I am aware of?

Erock503
MatrixClaw
MESAExplorer
Mike.h
timzee17
Shabado
Matt15f
Mexican Shred
Colin617

who else?

Matt - yes, I run at half power on 2 tubes and run a volume pedal or volume box in the loop. I have an '08.

great tones to be had......try the clean channel with the gain dimed.
good advice to keep in mind

Yet....
pretty much this, see sig for more details
Warning: The above post may contain lethal levels of radiation, sharp objects and sexiness.
Proceed with extreme caution!