Whenever I play with the strap on, the left end of it will spin the screw that connects the body to the strap. If I play while standing, the screw will eventually get loose and slide out. The guitar fell to the floor only one time when I was standing. Luckily, there weren't any damages because I catched it when the headstock almost hit the floor.

Is there any way to secure the screw from spinning loose?
fill the hole with toothpicks and maybe some glue, this is a pretty common problem, especially with strap-locks
Quote by im_bored
fill the hole with toothpicks and maybe some glue, this is a pretty common problem, especially with strap-locks

How are toothpicks gonna work? O.o
Quote by Leigh|esp
I've never played with a strap on. Not my kinda thing

Yeah me neither, I like women.

Epiphone Les Paul Standard w/ SD Alnico Pro II's
Fender Aerodyne Telecaster & Stratocaster
Marshall JCM 800 4104 combo

E-Married to Funny_Page
Get some proper two-part epoxy wood filler. Let that harden properly (takes 3-8 days, depending on the brand) smooth off the top then drill guide holes that are the right size for the screws of your straplocks. Don't trust the security of your guitar to "toothpicks and maybe some glue."
Yes, I know everything. No, I can't play worth a damn.
A child is trafficked and sold for sex slavery every 30 seconds. Support Love146.
Quote by Chrisiphone

Only women need strap-ons. Men have one built in.

I think you're lying. You've never used one because you like men.
No gods, no countries, no masters.
More guitar, less Ultimate-Guitar.
Be Serious.
Shorties represent!
Ibanez SZ520/Ibanez ORM-1/Ibanez RG7321/Pocket POD/Crate GX/Boss HM-2
Quote by kenvy
How are toothpicks gonna work? O.o

its a very popular method
Gear:
-Epiphone les paul special II
-Peavey Valveking 112
I guess this thread is as good as any to ask. I bought my guitar used, and the strap buttons were replaced with what look like just black screws and felt washers, the salesmoron said that they were installed for use with a specific kind of strap. They're in tight, so I don't suspect damage. Should I go with whatever I already have set up if I can find it, or should I just ditch this setup and install regular strap knobs?
Go with Mr Flibbles suggestion over toothpicks! The wood used for them is pretty soft and will tear. An alternate is hardwood dowel that can be bought at home centres down to something 1/8 inch in Dia. Drill hole to size of dowel, coat dowel with glue and tap into hole. Unlike toothpicks HW dowels done this way fill the hole entirely with new, solid strong wood ready for new pilot holes for your straplocks. This method does require more tools than Mr Flibbles though and the ability to drill without messing it up, maybe just go with the epoxy!!
Moving on.....
Quote by KenG
Go with Mr Flibbles suggestion over toothpicks! The wood used for them is pretty soft and will tear. An alternate is hardwood dowel that can be bought at home centres down to something 1/8 inch in Dia. Drill hole to size of dowel, coat dowel with glue and tap into hole. Unlike toothpicks HW dowels done this way fill the hole entirely with new, solid strong wood ready for new pilot holes for your straplocks. This method does require more tools than Mr Flibbles though and the ability to drill without messing it up, maybe just go with the epoxy!!

...yeah or save yourself the B stock of the plot for a king of the hill episode and get straplocks like that mr flibble said b4
Eh.
just replace the current screw with a very slightly thicker one with a better thread?
Proud owner of Paul Allander PRS styled - Shamray CS-1985
CS-1985 Pics
Jackson RR24 White with black bevels
Quote by Chrisiphone

I'm going to guess at it fills the space meaning the screw has something to grip onto.

I wish I'd know about it before I glued my strap-locks into my Les Paul AND Ibanez.

Quote by gtanny
just replace the current screw with a very slightly thicker one with a better thread?

A thicker screw might not fit in the actual strap pin.
Twitter: ScottWotton
Tumblr: ScottWotton
YouTube: ScottWotton

3DS FC: 5043-1553-4655
Friend Safari: Rock type with Boldore, Pupitar and Barbaracle.

Wants his username as ScottWotton. >.>