my words have come back to me, but I needed this break, it helped a alot, hello everyone.

Genesis XI: And the Lord said, Behold the people is one, and they have all one language; and this they begin to do; and now nothing will be restrained from them which they have imagined to do. Go to, let us go down and there confound their language, that they may not understand one another's speech.

I arrive at the mansion;
the floors are smiling and welcoming
behind snarled faces of dusty floors.
I take a seat, the host is not far away.
I examine the curtains blocking out the black,
forgotten dregs of dusty days; I clear my throat
an echo that is heard throughout the house,
that turned and swept under the door and
went to sleep in dark corners of forgotten cellars.
I startle, the windows stutter something awful,
and the wind howls in the empty gardens
overlooking the Moors.

My unease now gathering; the servant is gone
I, now alone in a room of portaits, stern
ancestors looming above me, ageless and wise,
lurking in my bloodstream, talking in this room
this room of unearthy delights.

But I can rise and leave like burnt ash from cigars
or settle in the street like smoke from waiting cars,
but i’ll wait for His coming, for His arrival,
the fellow who once told me something of the seas – who once
told me what lurks beneath the rolling, crashing tides.

In his palace, in his land;
by the holy gates of Babylon
I am his guest,
so I make my departure.
Last edited by Hendrix_fan_14 at Jun 5, 2010,
I missed your writing, I'm glad you're back. The second and third lines were ****ing confusing to read. I don't usually go for overly religious stuff, but I liked this well enough.
Today I feel electric grey
I hope tomorrow, neon black
Quote by Ganoosh
I missed your writing, I'm glad you're back. The second and third lines were ****ing confusing to read. I don't usually go for overly religious stuff, but I liked this well enough.

cheers man, yeah I meant to say 'behind' instead of 'beneath.' thanks to getting to this pretty quick, missed this place.
Very well written, some great imagery in there. I won't dig in too deep because I have some opposing views and they will unjustly criticize the piece. I still enjoyed this very much! (nice avatar by the way!)
Missed you and this piece shows why. Welcome back, lad. Hopefully we'll both stick around.
This piece reminded me very much of the Kharazan raid from World Of Warcraft, in that part where you fight Moroes xD

For me personally, the piece inspired a very specific scene in my mind, like i was in an old house, with a lot of gothic imagery and very weird butler

Personally, i really liked it, reminds me of Opeth also