A friend of mine is currently interested in dating another friend. The only condition is that HE is 15 and a sophomore, and SHE is 18 and will be a high school graduate next week.

My friends have all been supportive of the relationship, and when I brought up the idea of age they said that they didn't mind the difference.

However, earlier this year they were putting down my little sister for dating an older guy. My 14 year old freshmen sister was dating a 17 year old senior male. Obvious double standard. Claiming that the age difference (3 years) was too much. Keep in mind that it was my little sister and that none of my friends even really knew her.

So what are your thoughts? Why is it alright for a younger guy to date and older woman, but if its the other way around than its creepy?
I find dating people older than you, at that age, is a little weird.

No matter who it is. Unless it's me, and i'm dating a hot mom.

Yes there are huge double standards.
It's another antiquated double standard. Also, the 65 year old male rapist stereotype is a lot more common than the 65 year old woman rapist stereotype.
Please excuse my godawful username. I was thirteen.
I think it's not so much a girl dating an older guy that's creepy, it's a guy dating a younger girl that's creepy. Your sister was fine, but her boyfriend would be the one that concerned me. Mostly just because guys are douches and we will try to get pussy no matter how the cost.
The way I see it it's okay either way. Being that both couples are so close in age it makes it acceptable. I do agree about this being a double standard.
Quote by L2112Lif
I put a ton of my capital into SW Airlines... The next day, THE NEXT DAY these nutters fly into the WTC. What the hell? Apparently no one wanted to fly anymore, and I was like "What gives? God damnit Osama, let me win a fuggin' game!"
Quote by cornmancer
I think it's not so much a girl dating an older guy that's creepy, it's a guy dating a younger girl that's creepy. Your sister was fine, but her boyfriend would be the one that concerned me. Mostly just because guys are douches and we will try to get pussy no matter how the cost.

In my experience i've known a lot more sex-crazed girls than guys honestly.
It's because when it's a young guy dating an older woman, it's awesome. When a young girl is dating an older guy, shes a slut. True fact.
Even weirder? My ex girlfriend who was 19 (I was 18) left me for a 25 year old. Who apparently sent dirty text messages to a 15 year old girl.

Yeah, creep much?
Warmoth Strat w/ Lace Holy Grails
'07 Roadhouse Strat
Washburn WD-21 all Koa Acoustic
Marshall JCM-2000 TSL-122
Bugera V-5
Yeah, the double-standard exists, and I hate it. Actually, every girl I've ever liked has been older than me, and that fact kept me from taking any sort of chances with most of them. But now I'm in college, and nobody gives a damn. I just finished my freshman year, and the only girls I fooled around with were juniors and seniors. However, I told them that I was a 23 year old political consultant from Lansing and they bought it. Partially because I look that old (well, I DID before I shaved).
Quote by AA00P
Listen to the man, he's Jewish.
girl who dates older guys in high school = slut
guy who dates older girls in high school = HIGH FIVE
Quote by priest.fan.

And that's exactly why the girl is going to want to date older guys. All the guys her age think like that.
Quote by Zoot Allures
Anyone who starts mocking someone for dating someone a few years older or younger instantly loses a lot of my respect, it's one of these stupid socially bad things that no one should really take seriously yet people do.

I have to disagree when it involves people in their early teens. The younger of the couple is usually less experienced, and I think it's very common for the the older to take advantage... as cliche or soccer-mom-esque as that may sound
Quote by priest.fan.

I already covered that, douche bag. Way to try and steal my thunder.
Quote by Daffodil Lament

Oh I'm sorry, would you like me to clean the sand out of your vagina?
Quote by rmr024
I have to disagree when it involves people in their early teens. The younger of the couple is usually less experienced, and I think it's very common for the the older to take advantage... as cliche or soccer-mom-esque as that may sound

That happens all the time well into late teens and 20s though aswell.
Quote by priest.fan.

+1000 profile views for Daffodil
Quote by priest.fan.

Only if you do it with that big old furry tongue of yours
Quote by Zoot Allures
That happens all the time well into late teens and 20s though aswell.

I see your point, but I just think it gets sketchy especially with people in their early teens not necessarily being ready for sex.
Quote by Daffodil Lament

daytripper75

Bullieve

Quote by Amuro Jay
I'm gonna need specific instructions again on how to properly dance with my pants on my head.
Quote by lolmnt
First you put your pants on your head.
Second you dance.
Third you wipe off all the pussy.
Quote by Thrashtastic15
High school students are for the most part idiots?

i second this.
BLACK METAL IST KRIEG

I swing into action like a whirlpool,
I get wilder than a rapist in a catholic all girl school
The lower the age, the smaller gap you can have. A 55 year old man and a 63 year old woman isn't that weird. 14 year old and a 22 year old is definitely weird. 17 is definitely pushing it for a 14 year old, I was almost at that point with my current girlfriend. She was 14 when I was 16 but turned 15 before I turned 17.

You mature so quickly mentally and physically during these years that it's different for teenagers. Once you're like 20, age isn't as big a deal.
Quote by Fat Lard
Why would you spend tens of thousands of dollars to learn about a language you already speak? It was over before it even started dude

Quote by captainsnazz
brot pls
It's different in grade school. I think two years older/younger is in the "OK" range for dating.

I know juniors in high school who go for eighth graders. That's a little weird, imo.
LARGE TEXT
When I was 17 I was seeing someone who was 27 at the time. And my mom was totally cool with it.
Quote by Kensai

Quote by Lots O' FX
Why do you hate America?