Since internet users and cat owners are very closely related it seems like, I thought I'd ask here.

I've had two cats. The first one died a few years ago (which actually sucked. Losing a pet was way more hard than I thought it would be), and he was inside half the time, and outside half the time. Same personality and everything both inside and outside.

My family's current cat is mainly inside. We used to take him outside, but we stopped because whenever he's outside, he becomes a little bitch. When he's inside the house, he's normal as shit. If he's outisde and you give him any tiny attention (like walking up to him, or picking him up to put him inside), he'll hiss at you and shit, and one time he even started screaming, and scratching/biting like crazy. But he can be super-pissed off, and after literally about 10 seconds of being back inside, he goes right back to normal as if nothing ever happened.

It's like when he goes outside, he's like those gremlins that went ape shit when water was poured on them. So in other words...

This is what he's like inside:

And this is what he's like outside:

So Pit, any ideas as to why the fuck my cat does this every single time he's outside?
I guess he doesn't like going outside?
Sail upon the open skies
Last edited by angusfan16 at Jun 5, 2010,
From my experience, house cats love going outside. Both my cats are constantly try to sneak out whenever I leave.
Since he's mainly an indoor cat, putting him in an entirely new environment probably freaks the hell out of him.
Begin again in the night, let's sway again tonight.
Your arm on my shoulder, your cheek against mine.
Where can we go, when will we find that, we know.
Quote by Will Swanson
From my experience, house cats love going outside. Both my cats are constantly try to sneak out whenever I leave.

true, my cats also do the same thing. whenever somebody opens the door, their attention will be at the door, trying to sneak...
Quote by Will Swanson

This seems to be the case with mine as well.

At least one of mine anyway. My one cat tries to get out whenever he can. My other likes to go out onto the back porch, but she doesn't normally go out into the yard.
Something about being outside makes indoor cats react strangely. When My cats even see someone open door leading outside they run up to the doorway with thier tails all puffed up and shit and then pussy out(lol) at the last minute and sprint away and hide somewhere in the house. That's my theory. The indoor cats are just so unused to it. I used to have an outdoor cat that was completely normal both in and out (other than the fact that it killed rabbits and left them on our doorstep daily)
Last edited by rmr024 at Jun 5, 2010,
Thing is if the door is open and the opportunity is there, he'll go outside, and he actually didn't start to act like this until after he got familiar with our backyard.
Quote by The Madcap

Losing a pet was way more hard than I thought it would be),
way more hard than I thought it would be
way more hard than I
more hard
more hard

Wat.
Quote by travs2448

How many of you are vegan?
Hopefully none

Does anyone know any fun recipes?
Yeah a big juicy flank steak

What can be done with tofu?
Nothing it taste like crap

Is there such thing as vegan meat? Vegan sausages ect
WTF ARE YOU ON?
Gremlins go apeshit when you feed them after midnight. They multiply when they have water poured on them.

Hope this solves your problem.
Quote by crazy8rgood
This, stockylachy, if i was a woman, i would want you to have my babies...

Wait...
My cat never does that, she's sweet all the time. Not the brightest or most active, but she would never scratch anyone.
Ibanez S520EX ~ Roland Cube 30X ~ Dunlop Tortex 1.0mm
Quote by That_Hot_Guy
Wat.
"Hard" meaning "difficult to deal with" or in this case saddening. I know. Sounds crazy as shit.
Quote by stockylachy
Gremlins go apeshit when you feed them after midnight. They multiply when they have water poured on them.

Hope this solves your problem.
This actually made me .
He's probably getting some tail from a local puss. Aaaand doesn't want anybody to see his raging barbed boner.

(Seriously, cat's have barbed wangs. Look that shit up.)

Serious answer: I dunno man. All the cats I've had/have love being outside. But, they're indoor/outdoor cats, too.
I can take the trouble, 'Cause I'm sixty feet tall.
Madcap, my cat has some sort of anxiety disorder and has licked all of the fur off of his hind knees. Before that, he was extremely sick because of food allergies, which he has recovered from with meds. Recently he started peeing in a corner of the house and will only use the litter box if we place it in that exact spot.

I share all of this with you because it is my belief that some cats are just ****ed up. But you know what? he's a great cat. I love the guy. Being ****ed up doesn't completely destroy the cat.

Haha, hopefully that was comforting...
Last edited by rmr024 at Jun 5, 2010,
My cat is a house cat, but whenever it goes it outside it gets overly excited and starts rolling on the patio then later begins to eat all my weeds.

Other than that, I don't think my cat is very abnormal when outside.
LARGE TEXT
You should really just leave him alone while he's outside, problem solved Maybe he sees that as his alone time.

[IN PHIL WE TRUST]

Quote by Trowzaa
I only play bots. Bots never abandon me. (´・ω・`)

He's just protecting his territory. It's normal behaviour.
I'M A COWBOY
Quote by rmr024
Madcap, my cat has some sort of anxiety disorder and has licked all of the fur off of his hind knees. Before that, he was extremely sick because of food allergies, which he has recovered from with meds. Recently he started peeing in a corner of the house and will only use the litter box if we place it in that exact spot.

I share all of this with you because it is my belief that some cats are just ****ed up. But you know what? he's a great cat. I love the guy. Being ****ed up doesn't completely destroy the cat.

Haha, hopefully that was comforting...

This. Cats are weird, that's what makes them cats.
Quote by Fat Lard
Why would you spend tens of thousands of dollars to learn about a language you already speak? It was over before it even started dude

Quote by captainsnazz
brot pls
I have a friend with a cat that plays fetch with you. It will bring its little ball, drop it in your lap, and mew until you throw it. Sometimes the ball gets stuck on her claws, which is always entertaining.

Point of cool story: all cats are uniquely fucking weird.

[IN PHIL WE TRUST]

Quote by Trowzaa
I only play bots. Bots never abandon me. (´・ω・`)

Quote by The Madcap
"Hard" meaning "difficult to deal with" or in this case saddening. I know. Sounds crazy as shit.

Clearly you did not see the thing wrong with that sentence. So congratulations, you failed second grade english!
Quote by travs2448

How many of you are vegan?
Hopefully none

Does anyone know any fun recipes?
Yeah a big juicy flank steak

What can be done with tofu?
Nothing it taste like crap

Is there such thing as vegan meat? Vegan sausages ect
WTF ARE YOU ON?
Quote by That_Hot_Guy
Clearly you did not see the thing wrong with that sentence. So congratulations, you failed second grade english!
Oh, I thought you were doing some sexual double entendre joke.
because cats are evil creatures sent to earth to terrorize mankind and make me sneeze. there are very few cats I've actually liked, most of them are either annoying or just plain crazy.
Quote by The4thHorsemen
because cats are evil creatures sent to earth to terrorize mankind and make me sneeze. there are very few cats I've actually liked, most of them are either annoying or just plain crazy.

hahaha..you cant say that..cata are nice...but dogs also nice..you sneeze because you have allergic of cats fur...
Quote by The Madcap
Since internet users and cat owners are very closely related it seems like, I thought I'd ask here.

I've had two cats. The first one died a few years ago (which actually sucked. Losing a pet was way more hard than I thought it would be), and he was inside half the time, and outside half the time. Same personality and everything both inside and outside.

My family's current cat is mainly inside. We used to take him outside, but we stopped because whenever he's outside, he becomes a little bitch. When he's inside the house, he's normal as shit. If he's outisde and you give him any tiny attention (like walking up to him, or picking him up to put him inside), he'll hiss at you and shit, and one time he even started screaming, and scratching/biting like crazy. But he can be super-pissed off, and after literally about 10 seconds of being back inside, he goes right back to normal as if nothing ever happened.

It's like when he goes outside, he's like those gremlins that went ape shit when water was poured on them. So in other words...

I realize that your use of sh*t here is meant as "Stuff" or "Other things" but I couldnt help but point out how funny that sounds when taken literally

Anyway, my advice, GET A DOG. Cats are insane
Hey!Everyone!
Come and See how good I look!

You Stay Classy, Ultimate Guitar
My cat is pretty much the same way. She sits by the window all day, looks out the window, and watches for people to open to door for her chance to escape. But once she gets outside she just kinda walks out and plays in the grass for 5 minutes and then sits by the door and waits for something to open the door.

I'm convinced that she's afraid of going too far from her nice cozy home. Yes, my cat is a pussy.
“Just to sum up: I would do various things very quickly.” - Donald Trump