I just got my OCD V3 today and I'm digging it... but my tone is not complete.

I got along with that a Bugera something something and a Schecter Hellraiser with seymour duncan pups.

I want to get that precision metal tone... John Petrucci style or something. Where it's beefy and precise. What's the next pedal that would combine (or alone is good too) that would fit this style? I'm new to this pedal stuff so bear with the dumb questions.
Iunno. Tweak tweak tweak. You should be able to find something you like with what you have. Try using the OCD as a boost on the Bugera so it can unleash the soul of the valves(heh..).

Don't scoop your mids, don't boost your bass, and don't use way too much high end or gain. And remember that tone is in your fingers as well, so if you like how you sound unplugged, you should like it even more plugged in.
Quote by enselmis
Iunno. Tweak tweak tweak. You should be able to find something you like with what you have. Try using the OCD as a boost on the Bugera so it can unleash the soul of the valves(heh..).

Don't scoop your mids, don't boost your bass, and don't use way too much high end or gain. And remember that tone is in your fingers as well, so if you like how you sound unplugged, you should like it even more plugged in.

I have bass and mids around the 4-6 regin (still tweaking) and treble at 6ish. Presence at 5 and Reverb at 4.
Well, John Petrucci and players like him use DiMarzio's and not Seymour Duncans. You would probably want to get a more.. Metal amp than a Bugera. Also, the tone of the wood may be another thing to consider. It's all about what you think sounds right. I agree with enselmis, "Tweak, tweak, tweak."
"MY JESUS COULD KICK BUDDAH'S ASS!"
"OH REALLY? BUDDAH WOULD GET JESUS IN HIS BELLY!"
"Dude we all know Darth Vader is the prominent religious figure."
"Damn nerds."

Ibanez RG370DX
Epiphone G-310
Guitar Reasearch T60R TUBE AMP =]
wampler triple wreck distortion pedal? it's supposed to sound like a mesa boogie dual/triple rectifier. though its expensive.
Guitars
Fender American Standard Strat 2008
Burny late 1980's Super Grade RLG-70 Les Paul
Sterling by Musicman JP50
Fender Classic Series 60's tele
Yamaha FS720S
Amp
Roland Microcube
Fender Blues Junior III Humholdt