My amp got knocked over today at band practice and it will not turn on. The cord used to plug it in is what it fell on. Afterwards, when i tried to turn it on, it would not turn on. No power was going through whatsoever. the lights wouldn't even turn on. What can i do to fix this?

It's a line 6 flextone 2 plus amp.
You possibly broke the power cable when the amp fell on it. If you get a new kettle cable, try it. If it still doesnt work, take it to a tech.
Considering it's a line6, depending on how far/hard the drop was it could've broken a number of things, probably just the fuse/cable, but with so many high tech circuit boards and shit, breaking something is a huge risk.
My Gear
Guitars
Cort VX-2V
Basses
Stagg BC300
Amps
Marshall JCM900 4100 DR
Marshall 1965A
Hartke HA3500 Combo
It could be the cable, it could be the pins that hold the cable in, they could be bent or broken, could be the fuse.

If it's not one of those things it'll probably something that's going to be very expensive to fix.
"In modern music, a lot of people are really stuck on the example, asif it were the idea. It takes millions of examples to articulate an idea, so don't get stuck on the f*cking example." - Joshua Homme, 2008.
I suggest get a new power lead =P
Quote by classicrocker01
You know you're addicted to gear when you've had more guitars than girlfriends

Ibanez rgr321ex
Epiphone SG special
Peavey bandit 112
ibanez tube king tk999ht
Kustom dart 10fx
Vox pathfinder
digitech grunge
Quote by srfn4lif
alright so i checked it today and it's getting power to it. i know the switch is working because i touched one of the metal pieces and it shocked me and when it was in the off position, it didn't. where the hell do i go from here?

Well if it chocked you it means the power cord works for sure, so it's probably just a broken somewhere. Try to open the amp and find it, or just take it to a tech, it shouldn't cost alot to resolder a joint really.
False. It doesn't necessarily mean it was getting power, there are these things called capacitors... which hold charge...

Sounds like one of your connections was broken... honestly either take it in or take it apart cause there's nothing else you can do without doing one of those ...
"Experience is not what happens to you. It is what you do with what happens to you." - Aldous Huxley
Quote by Zamorak
False. It doesn't necessarily mean it was getting power, there are these things called capacitors... which hold charge...

Sounds like one of your connections was broken... honestly either take it in or take it apart cause there's nothing else you can do without doing one of those ...

Its been a day since he dropped it, there wouldnt be enough charge left in a cap in an digital amp after that long to shock him.
Plus, power most likely wouldnt be able to get to the switch from a cap, more than likely the power was coming from the AC outlet after going through the transformer, and the switch itself is damaged.
yeah. i just called a tech guy a couple minutes ago. I told him the problem but not the story and he said it should be about 75$. does this sound like a good price or should i go somewhere else. Is this amp really worth 75$? I like playing through it and it's loud enough for the places my band plays but i only paid 150$ for it.