http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hft_W3pA_bE

Yeah I know it's a signature guitar and that makes a bunch of douchebags go "LOL I WOULDN'T TOUCH A TRIBUTE GUITAR, I'M NOT TRYING TO PRETEND I'M JERRY CANTRELL LOLOL" but trust me, my intentions are pure.

Normally I wouldn't post a thread about this but there are NO g&l dealers anywhere close to me, so I can't try one out before buying.

Anyway, the guitar seems pretty badass for a hard rock/metal/shred guitar and I have really only heard good things about it...but has anyone here actually TRIED it? Or does anyone own it and could give me some feedback on it? I find that guitar reviews are usually extremely biased (see: Squier affinity Strat's getting 10/10 regularly) so they're not really helping me at the moment.

And even if you haven't tried it...what's your opinion on it?

Thanks!
Fender Deluxe Lonestar Stratocaster, Blackstar HT-5RS, Roland Micro Cube, Alvarez Regent Acoustic
Wishlist:
Carvin V3M
Agile AL-3100 Silverburst
Last edited by Ayses at Jun 5, 2010,
i havent played it plugged in, but i was lucky enough to play the ONE of THREE within a 50 mile radius, and it was smooth as hell. body was very comfortable. normally when i pick up a guitar thats not mine, i have a problem getting comfortable, i picked it up and played like it was the guitar i learned on.
Quote by humperdunk

So I just woke up sitting in my desk chair, with my bong on the desk in a bunch of little pieces and my hand super glued to my penis. Speculations as to what the hell just happened and how to unglue my hand from my member would be appreciated.
it looks cool
but i dont see it having much range with the one bridge pick up
im sure it could do some distorted and maybe its cleans are fine but i cant live without a neck pup
Yeah while I do enjoy having a neck pickup, I don't and never have liked the sound of neck pickup + distortion for anything but blues...which is not what I'd be using this guitar for.
Fender Deluxe Lonestar Stratocaster, Blackstar HT-5RS, Roland Micro Cube, Alvarez Regent Acoustic
Wishlist:
Carvin V3M
i like it. absolutely hate the G&L headstock. hate to say that i'd really hold that against this guitar, but i totally would if i owned one otherwise, it's a pretty badass machine.
Warmoth Telecaster Deluxe. Warmoth Strat. Seagull Artist Portrait Acoustic.

"Well good God damn and other such phrases, I haven't heard a beat like this in ages!"
-Dan Le Sac Vs The Scroobius Pip
LOL strangely lots of people I've talked to say the same thing. I actually prefer the G&L headstock over the Fender one...but you know. To each his own!
Wishlist:
Carvin V3M