Hey guys, im in the market for a guitar with distortion....
none of my guitars have distortion
any brands you guys recommend?
surely its the amp/effects pedal that gives distortion...

if you're into modding you can buy on-board effects from the internet and fix it up yourself, alternatively check out http://www.mansons.co.uk/ they make custom gutiars with on board effects, matt bellamy from muse uses them.
Belief is a beautiful armour but makes for the heaviest sword.
Judging by the gear he has already it's a troll, one that fails to be funny at that.
My gear:

Ibanez S5470-TKS with a BKP Nailbomb Bridge, Cold Sweat Neck, Trillogy Suite Middle single coil
Ibanez RGR321EX
Roland Cube 60
M-Audio Fast Track Pro
Guitar Rig 5
If you're not a troll, and if you mean a distortion unit built into a guitar, that's pretty useless
He's actually telling the truth, Langcaster, A guitar company in New Zealand actually builds guitars with built-in overdrive, something to do with the pickup signal.
Guitar - Washburn X-50PROQ
Amp- Ibanez TBX15r (using to run my POD through)
Pedals - Line6 POD X3, Dunlop Crybaby Gcb-95
Must kill...
CALL ME JOHN

MARSHALL JCM 2000 Amp head/Cab
White Synyster Custom 1/100
Rest of my rig on my profile!

Don't acknowledge right, just dwell on...

...Wrong.

This spot in Hell...

...Is where I belong
Is this thread serious or not? It's hard to tell, because there are guitars out there with in-built distortion circuits, and you can also get aftermarket battery powered fx units that go inside your guitar... why you'd want that, when you can get the same thing in pedal form, is a different story.

but Vox used to make a guitar with battery powered FX built in including fuzz, before FX pedals were popularised - it looked something (well, exactly) like this:

and Ian Curtis is probably the only person who ever used one for anything but he didn't seem to use the fuzz, he just used to run it into a clean amp and make a god awful cacophonous metallic piercing treble-heavy noise...

Also the obvious one nowadays is manson.. but manson guitars don't come cheap.
I like analogue Solid State amps that make no effort to be "tube-like", and I'm proud of it...

...A little too proud, to be honest.
I suggest finding a new bridge to live under.
Bhaok

The following statement is true. The proceeding statement is false.