Hello every my name is Mark and i am new to this forum, i've been planing to join it for ages but never had the time.

Anyway i've started a terrible habbit with the guitar and thats starting to play songs i randomly listen to that are to hard for me to totally 100% learn and i always just end up knowing half the song now i wanna start from fresh all over again. Has anyone got any recommendations for what i should do? I also have a very big problem with solo's i cannot seem to get them right or get my fingers moving at the correct speed. I've been playing guitar for about 5 years and i really wanna start getting better at it.

Thanks alot in advance.
-Mark
you sound like me, hahaha. yeah it sucks. you just need time and dedication, things that i dont have anymore. and another thing i notice is i learn everything but the solo and when i try to learn the solo i get bored and move on. i know how ya feel
Haha yeah thats exactly what i do with solos i can never get my head around them lol. I suppose i need to get some sound effects pedels and bits and bobs.
Hi Mark,

This forum is used to help new users gain an understanding of the site; questions about guitar go in different forums. Because this forum is not for guitar related questions, it is unlikely you'll get any decent help here. Check out this page: https://www.ultimate-guitar.com/forum/ - it has links to all the different forums. I would recommend ask this question in the Guitar Techniques forum. Your question is much more likely to be answered over there!

Don't forget to read the rules; they're here to help you understand how the site works, and will generally tell you where you should be posting your questions.

Welcome to UG!

DON'T MAKE ME DESTROY YOU!

TURN OFF YOUR MIND RELAX AND FLOAT DOWNSTREAM

Quote by Scumbag1792
My God, this must be the smartest/greatest guy ever.
Happy to help

Also, I've just remembered, check out the lessons section of the site. I'm pretty sure there's a few guides to practicing effectively over there.

DON'T MAKE ME DESTROY YOU!

TURN OFF YOUR MIND RELAX AND FLOAT DOWNSTREAM

Quote by Scumbag1792
My God, this must be the smartest/greatest guy ever.