Space is at a premium on the iPhone screen.

I would love to to see an option that lets me view a song in a more compressed format.

[C]Edel[G7]weiss, [F]edel[Dm7]weiss
[Am]Every [Am7]morning you [Dm7]greet [G7]me
[C]Small and [G7]white, [F7]clean and [Dm7]bright
[C]You look [G7]happy to [C]meet [C7]me

Rather than have the chords above the words.

This would effectively double the amount of song on my screen.
Last edited by SunFish7 at Jun 5, 2010,
poo
Our lord David Cameron in heaven

papa oom mow mow

Quote by captaincrunk
I love sex toys. I don't really care what the shape is. It can be a rabbit, a fat man, Jesus, whatever

1960 Gibson les paul - Klon centaur - 60s marshall plexi/mesa boogie dual rec
it might be a good idea for you iPhone users, but that would mean rewriting all the tabs in this form. That would be a hell of a work, and i don't think it would be possible. Another reason for the improbability of this happening is that not all tabbers make their tabs/chords word-accurate.

Quote by PRS is allright
poo

*reported*
I have thought about this. I think it would be quite easy for the iPhone app to automate on the fly. If it can detect pairs of lines { chords, lyrics } then it is trivial to merge them. the chords can be displayed in Bold.

Detecting these pairs 100% is not a trivial task, but you could safely assume that if one line has a lot of [] characters and the next line has a lot of alphabet letters, then that constitutes a pair.
What difficulty do you see?

It is just a matter of dropping them into exactly the same place on the next line.

the only problem I can see with the tab you're pointing to is that sometimes there is no space between two chords. the algorithm could either spot this, or dump the whole shebang into the lyrics. of course, this could be fixed by fixing the original tab. if one of my favourite songs is not showing quite right I would be happy to log onto UG and make a couple of minor alterations that leave it reading perfectly from iPhone.

this is a problem with the standard notation of putting the chord above the lyric -- sometimes the chord changes too fast. like sometimes it changes three times in a single word.

also, note that I am suggesting this as an option. If it causes problems it can be turned off.
PS what is -A? I don't know this terminology.
Quote by SunFish7
What difficulty do you see?

It is just a matter of dropping them into exactly the same place on the next line.

the only problem I can see with the tab you're pointing to is that sometimes there is no space between two chords. the algorithm could either spot this, or dump the whole shebang into the lyrics. of course, this could be fixed by fixing the original tab. if one of my favourite songs is not showing quite right I would be happy to log onto UG and make a couple of minor alterations that leave it reading perfectly from iPhone.

this is a problem with the standard notation of putting the chord above the lyric -- sometimes the chord changes too fast. like sometimes it changes three times in a single word.

also, note that I am suggesting this as an option. If it causes problems it can be turned off.
PS what is -A? I don't know this terminology.

Something the tabber put there. I don't know either if it means anything, i only play a simple A.
Well i don't know, I don't know too much about HTML coding, you might know more, but my general idea is that the variety of tabbing "methods" could create some problems in the recoding process. Nevertheless, I didn't say it was a bad idea