yesterday then i went on my computer i noticed that there was this folder that installed itself called "tracing" and in it theres only 1 file in this weird format and i cant open it with anything and its 0 bytes, it wont let me delete it because according to the computer the folder is open in another program. is there anyway i can get passed this to delete it? i dont like having things put on my computer that i didnt do and my friend said its probably a worm and and he gave me these prgrams to fight spyware and malware and stuff and i got rid of all the viruses and stuff but it still wont let me delete this folder. any advice?
Go to task manager and look for an application called tracing,if you find it there close it and delete the file.
Quote by tattyreagh
He's the hero The Pit deserves but not the one it needs right now. So, we'll hunt him, because he can take it. Because he's not our hero. He's a silent guardian. A watchful protector. GbAdimDb5m7.

Free Jani92jani

Free Will Swanson
Quote by GbAdimDb5m7
Go to task manager and look for an application called tracing,if you find it there close it and delete the file.

its not in the task manager. i just checked
Quote by thrashaholic666
its not in the task manager. i just checked

Did you look in the processes section of task manager?

There's blood in the water
Sinking, always sinking

Quote by qwerty_555
Did you look in the processes section of task manager?

yes, i checked the entire task manager.
I used a program called Unlocker to delete this hidden remote admin account my brother installed in my computer. It was in an encrypted hidden folder and it worked fine deleting it, so it probably will work for you. If the above doesn't work that is.
Quote by Riffofthebeast
hitler could have conquered the entire world if he just sent an assasin to every enemy country and have their leader assasinated
A program like this might be a solution.

EDIT: Don't take my advice.
Last edited by ctb at Jun 5, 2010,
Quote by mario61
I used a program called Unlocker to delete this hidden remote admin account my brother installed in my computer. It was in an encrypted hidden folder and it worked fine deleting it, so it probably will work for you. If the above doesn't work that is.

Your brother is a dick
Quote by acidrockgreen
Your brother is a dick
Agreed.
Quote by Riffofthebeast
hitler could have conquered the entire world if he just sent an assasin to every enemy country and have their leader assasinated
I have the same file, it doesn't appear in processes...
Quote by theogonia777
and then there's free jazz, which isn't even for musicians.

Quote by Born A Fool
As my old guitar teacher once said: Metal really comes from classical music. The only difference is pinch harmonics, double bass, and lyrics about killing goats.
Quote by Dream Floyd
I have the same file, it doesn't appear in processes...

im glad im not the only one with this problem. since this thing has arrived on my computer i have had 16 spyware threats, 28 viruses, and 1 malware threat.
Wait so you're planning on deleting a folder you don't know the function of? Real smart. From some quick googling it's probably a debugging file for Windows Live Messenger.

What's the file extension on the file/s inside?
*remembers that thread from a few years ago where they told that guy to delete his system32 folder and he believed them*

DON'T MAKE ME DESTROY YOU!

TURN OFF YOUR MIND RELAX AND FLOAT DOWNSTREAM

Quote by Scumbag1792
My God, this must be the smartest/greatest guy ever.
Quote by consecutive e
Wait so you're planning on deleting a folder you don't know the function of? Real smart. From googling it's a debugging file for Windows Live Messenger.

what does debugging mean? and why wasnt it with my other windows live messenger stuff? and why isnt it deletable? and why did it just spontaneosly appear in my computer?

EDIT: the file inside is a UCCAPILOG file
Quote by thrashaholic666
what does debugging mean? and why wasnt it with my other windows live messenger stuff? and why isnt it deletable? and why did it just spontaneosly appear in my computer?

EDIT: the file inside is a UCCAPILOG file

DEFINITION - In computers, debugging is the process of locating and fixing or bypassing bugs (errors) in computer program code or the engineering of a hardware device. To debug a program or hardware device is to start with a problem, isolate the source of the problem, and then fix it. A user of a program that does not know how to fix the problem may learn enough about the problem to be able to avoid it until it is permanently fixed. When someone says they've debugged a program or "worked the bugs out" of a program, they imply that they fixed it so that the bugs no longer exist.

Debugging is a necessary process in almost any new software or hardware development process, whether a commercial product or an enterprise or personal application program. For complex products, debugging is done as the result of the unit test for the smallest unit of a system, again at component test when parts are brought together, again at system test when the product is used with other existing products, and again during customer beta test, when users try the product out in a real world situation. Because most computer programs and many programmed hardware devices contain thousands of lines of code, almost any new product is likely to contain a few bugs. Invariably, the bugs in the functions that get most use are found and fixed first. An early version of a program that has lots of bugs is referred to as "buggy."

Debugging tools (called debuggers) help identify coding errors at various development stages. Some programming language packages include a facility for checking the code for errors as it is being written.

That's definetly a debugging file for WLM. It's not deletable because you're probably using WLM while you're trying to delete it. Delete it and WLM will shit itself.
Also listen to this guy ^ Don't delete it.
Quote by Riffofthebeast
Quote by consecutive e
That's definetly a debugging file for WLM. It's not deletable because you're probably using WLM while you're trying to delete it. Delete it and WLM will shit itself.

Have you considered that maybe he got the issue through WLM? It's not exactly virus free.

I say delete it, and if WLM doesn't work after that, uninstall it and re-install.
Quote by uk.mace
Have you considered that maybe he got the issue through WLM? It's not exactly virus free.

I say delete it, and if WLM doesn't work after that, uninstall it and re-install.

Apparently it's a debugger, something to do with the contacts list.

There's blood in the water
Sinking, always sinking

Quote by uk.mace

Of course I did. That's why I researched it. I don't remember him saying anything about an "issue" just that he didn't know what it was and he wasn't able to delete it. No need for eye rolling.

EDIT: Some linkage for you.
It's completely legit, I don't see what the problem is.
Last edited by consecutive e at Jun 5, 2010,
Quote by consecutive e
Of course I did. That's why I researched it. I don't remember him saying anything about an "issue" just that he didn't know what it was and he wasn't able to delete it. No need for eye rolling.

EDIT: Some linkage for you.
It's completely legit, I don't see what the problem is.

Fair dues. Also, my eye-rolling was aimed at WLM rather than yourself.
Quote by uk.mace
Fair dues. Also, my eye-rolling was aimed at WLM rather than yourself.

It's all good.
Never had any problems with WLM aside from the occaisional attempted phishing scam but they're shit easy to spot and not something that Microsoft (or anyone else for that matter) will ever be able to completely erradicate.
Quote by consecutive e
It's all good.
Never had any problems with WLM aside from the occaisional attempted phishing scam but they're shit easy to spot and not something that Microsoft (or anyone else for that matter) will ever be able to completely erradicate.

If I was a UG mod, I would make you UGer of the day, just cause you went out of your way to look something up for another UGer.