Page 1 of 2
You actually had to ask this?

Ring support, it is a fault.
I can take a road that'll see me through.
I'm paying for 10gb worth of bandwidth a month (my dad says we do not need unlimited, what a ****) but yeah, this is ridiculous, took 15 minutes to download a guitar pro tab the other day.
Quote by EndTheRapture51
(my dad says we do not need unlimited, what a ****).

Show some damn respect!
Our lord David Cameron in heaven

papa oom mow mow

Quote by captaincrunk
I love sex toys. I don't really care what the shape is. It can be a rabbit, a fat man, Jesus, whatever

1960 Gibson les paul - Klon centaur - 60s marshall plexi/mesa boogie dual rec
Quote by Våd Hamster
DAT PING

Goddamn TS, how do you function? Call them right now.

DON'T MAKE ME DESTROY YOU!

TURN OFF YOUR MIND RELAX AND FLOAT DOWNSTREAM

Quote by Scumbag1792
My God, this must be the smartest/greatest guy ever.
Quote by EndTheRapture51
My parents seem to think it will simply fix itself.

Well if you did go over your download allowance it will next time your bill rolls over.
Quote by consecutive e
Well if you did go over your download allowance it will next time your bill rolls over.

Having a limit is impractical in this day and age, most videos are now in HD on Youtube, everything is full of images and flash but I need to convince my parents to put away like an extra £5 a month for unlimited usage because this is ridiculous. I was trying to order tickets to a gig last night and it took about 40 minutes for the entire process.
Quote by EndTheRapture51
I'm paying for 10gb worth of bandwidth a month (my dad says we do not need unlimited, what a ****) but yeah, this is ridiculous, took 15 minutes to download a guitar pro tab the other day.

Oh, I didn't see this post, I assumed you had unlimited.

No, don't complain, you went over your allowance.

10gb is ridiculously low though. Convince your parents to get unlimited. It'll give you more exp in persuasion, too.
Quote by EndTheRapture51
Having a limit is impractical in this day and age, most videos are now in HD on Youtube, everything is full of images and flash but I need to convince my parents to put away like an extra £5 a month for unlimited usage because this is ridiculous. I was trying to order tickets to a gig last night and it took about 40 minutes for the entire process.

Just because it's impractical doesn't mean it didn't happen. Plus I get by fine with 50gb a month.

EDIT: It's impractical for YOU, not in general. Some people simply can't afford to stretch that extra 5 a month and deal with it by using their allowance sparingly plus not everyone needs that much in their quota because they just don't use it. You should be thankful your parents pay for your internet at all. Why don't YOU pay out the extra 5 a month?
Last edited by consecutive e at Jun 5, 2010,
WE have gone over the limit a couple of tymes before, but usually it doesnt slow down.

It also transpires my neighbours have shitty internet too.
Quote by consecutive e
Just because it's impractical doesn't mean it didn't happen. Plus I get by fine with 50gb a month.

EDIT: It's impractical for YOU, not in general. Some people simply can't afford to stretch that extra 5 a month and deal with it by using their allowance sparingly plus not everyone needs that much in their quota because they just don't use it. You should be thankful your parents pay for your internet at all. Why don't YOU pay out the extra 5 a month?

Because I dont have £5 a month I can spend, I already have to buy all my clothes, gig tickets, food when i'm out, drink when i'm out, travel expenses etc.
Quote by Ninja Vampirate

10gb is ridiculously low though.

Shite, I only get 3gb for 2 months

There's blood in the water
Sinking, always sinking

Quote by KTFM
errrmmm... that's shit!
I though I was getting screwed over by Telstra! Who are you with?!?!

Dodo, the internet that flies
How much do you get?

Sinking, always sinking

Well, that was a kick to my nads..

Call your ISP man, and then talk in an italian accent to make them, scared of you. I never mess with italians, so keep that in mind.

This one time, I had an italian..Well, english teacher..and she was also the gym teacher, and we were playing dodgeball, she ran across the entire playing field, and I pegged her right in the face. POW, RIGHT IN THE KISSER.

She screamed in the most bloodcurdling scream, "JOOONN VEENNDDEETTAAA"

and I cried. She still hasn't gotten me back, and i'm still in fear..
(Invalid img)
This thread is now about comparing our internet speeds..
████████████
████████████
████████████

RNLAF

I Like Planes
My ping is just bad because my modem is going out. It's usually at 70 ms.

Quote by TheInnovater
http://img375.imageshack.us/f/internetspeed.png/

Sucks OP, mine isn't too bad ;D

Fail.

See the button that says "copy forum link"? You don't need to printscreen it.
Last edited by Gyroscope : Tomorrow at 01:00 PM.
Quote by KTFM
We get 12Gb per month with Bigpond, but we're paying as much as Bigpond offers for the 25GB plan... but when I point this out to my folks... they fail to see logic...

Ah I see. That's sucky Shit, I don't even know what I'd do with 25gb.
My internet is one of the Dodo broadband USBs... maybe thats why it's so expensive for so little GBs

Quote by Gyroscope
My ping is just bad because my modem is going out. It's usually at 70 ms.

Wow, I always thought you were Australian.
Weird.

Sinking, always sinking

Last edited by qwerty_555 at Jun 5, 2010,
Of course you should complain. You'd have got an email if you went over the limit.. we did when we went over 80GB on our supposedly unlimited BT connection. wankers. They still didn't limit our speed though.

edit: at increasing ping ^
You're using UG classic, congratulations.
You should be using UG classic.

E-Married to Guitar0Player

http://the llama forum because its gone forever which sucks and I hate it.
Last edited by jgbsmith at Jun 5, 2010,
Quote by severed-metal
I actually lied, that wasn't my test speed..connection..

thing...

THIS WAS, BEHOLD!

thats a really high ping, unlucky
Quote by severed-metal

pathethic
████████████
████████████
████████████

RNLAF

I Like Planes

We're getting half of what we pay for. Used to be better, but it's gone down since TalkTalk bought out our old provider.
Quote by KTFM
We get 12Gb per month with Bigpond, but we're paying as much as Bigpond offers for the 25GB plan... but when I point this out to my folks... they fail to see logic...

Aussies do yourselves a favour and check out Internode best ISP in Aus IMO. They're based in Adelaide so no getting tranferred across the ocean and trying to understand "Dave's" thick foriegn accent. Great plans. Brilliant perks, and the shortest contract period is 1 month if you so choose.

God, I sound like I work for them.
Well, next time my super connection happens, i'll show you that the ping was not really that high. As a matter of fact, it looked like someone MS painted all over it!

Would've been nice to know that having a high ping is a bad thing though.
Page 1 of 2