i have a vox vt30, how do i get more distortion, should i get a distortion pedal, i like almost all types of rock
I believe most people would tell you to first get an overdrive pedal like an Ibanez TS-808 or TS-9. That should bump your gain as much as you need it.
Guitars:
Ibanez JS1200
PRS SE EG S/S/H
Effects:
Dunlop Crybaby 535q
TC Electronic Corona Chorus
Morley Little Alligator
Boss DD-6
Amp:
Carvin V3m
Carvin 212 cab
Is the vox valve?
Our lord David Cameron in heaven

papa oom mow mow

Quote by captaincrunk
I love sex toys. I don't really care what the shape is. It can be a rabbit, a fat man, Jesus, whatever

1960 Gibson les paul - Klon centaur - 60s marshall plexi/mesa boogie dual rec
That amp should have enough gain for most music.

╠═══════╬═══════╣

Solder fume huffer σƒ τλε τρπ βπστλεπλσσδ

╠═══════╬═══════╣

Electronic Audio Experiments
nope the vox is a hybrid modelling amp - there's no reason why the amp wouldn't have more gain than anyone will ever need for any type of rock, how hard can it be to adjust the settings?
I like analogue Solid State amps that make no effort to be "tube-like", and I'm proud of it...

...A little too proud, to be honest.
Quote by brenton393
yes it think it is

You would be wrong.
Generally people say distortion pedals sound kinda poor through cheap modellers, however you'd have to try it I wouldn't know because I don't like modellers.

Whats your budget for the pedal?
Would you go used?
Where abouts are you in the world? Nearest City?
LesPaul
Pedals
OrangeRocker30
My band
PBT Native: Resident Graphics Monkey

i know what you're talking about
my friend, paul, has a vt30 and he used complain abt the distortion all the time, and he thought it was because he used an epiphone les paul
he recently went to japan and bought a jackson stars sl1, made in japan, emgs, original floyd rose, mahogany body, neck through
now THAT is a high end metal guitar, but he still cant get a decent distortion
and i've tried his amp aswell. i can get a better metal tone on my vypyr 30 and my squier SSS strat than his jackson stars sl1.

it's partly his fault because he thought the tube would give him better tone but he didn't try it properly before buying

anyway, he recently bought a line 6 pod and plugged it into his amp to get better rock tones, and i guess it worked. u could certainly benefit from some kind of distortion pre amp.
try a boss ds1 or maybe the low end zoom mutifx with expression pedal. these are relatively cheap solutions to your problem

good luck man!
Quote by brenton393
i have a vox vt30, how do i get more distortion, should i get a distortion pedal, i like almost all types of rock

You don't need more distortion, the amp has more than enough gain for any kind of rock.
Actually called Mark!

Quote by TNfootballfan62
People with a duck for their avatar always give good advice.

...it's a seagull

Quote by Dave_Mc
i wanna see a clip of a recto buying some groceries.

stuffmycatswatchontv.tumblr.com
which amp model are you using? what's your guitar?
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?