my friend gave me a scales andnever named it he's away to blackpool for holiday soo

whats this scale

e|------------------------------------------------------------------5---7---8---|
B|-----------------------------------------------------5---6---7----------------|
G|----------------------------------------4---5---7-----------------------------|
D|-------------------------------5----7-----------------------------------------|
A|----------------5----7----8---------------------------------------------------|
E|----5--7---8------------------------------------------------------------------|
it's definatly an A Natural Minor Scale.
- Ibanez S470 (2004)
- late 70's vintage Fender Stratocaster (USA)
- VOX VT100 Amp
- Digitech Whammy Pedal
- Weeping Demon Wah Pedal
- Visual Sound Volume Pedal
- MXR Micro Amp
it's not, F-sharp doesnt belong to the A minor scale. The only one i could find is G Be-Bop scale.
Quote by rkk94
it's not, F-sharp doesnt belong to the A minor scale. The only one i could find is G Be-Bop scale.

Agreed, the half step jumps on the B string don't agree with the minor scale formula, it should be "5", "6", "8" or jump to the 3rd fret of the e string.

I don't have a name for it, so id trust the above poster
Quote by rkk94

Luckily there are no F#s in there.
- Ibanez S470 (2004)
- late 70's vintage Fender Stratocaster (USA)
- VOX VT100 Amp
- Digitech Whammy Pedal
- Weeping Demon Wah Pedal
- Visual Sound Volume Pedal
- MXR Micro Amp
The closest I know is A Aeolian or A natural minor as some people have already stated. Both scales are the same. I think your friend may have written it down wrong. That scale from the 5th fret is:

|------------------------------------------------5--7--8------
|---------------------------------------5--6--8---------------
|------------------------------4--5--7------------------------
|------------------------5--7---------------------------------
|---------------5--7--8---------------------------------------
|------5--7--8------------------------------------------------

Hope that helps.
I am the Stig.