I thought I heard somewhere that he just plays through the PA. Is he using amps now?
So that with good courage we say, “The Lord is my helper. I will not fear. What can man do to me?”

-Hebrews 13:6
So I take it hes just dropping Ampegs then.
--Gear--

5 piece blonde sparkle Gretch drum kit

-Drummers need their own forum-
Quote by TrabenBassist22
I thought I heard somewhere that he just plays through the PA. Is he using amps now?

I'd heard this as well...
He hasn't used Ampegs in decades. He usually goes from a SansAmp RPM into a Palmer Speaker Simulator and then into the board. He's got a Trace Elliot somewhere in his signal chain to use as sort of a monitor / last resort if his main signal chain fails. According to the press release, he is going to use Orange amplifiers onstage for the upcoming tour. I don't know if he will use them in the studio, but it is still quite a feather in Orange's cap. Geddy Lee sets a lot of trends among bassists and those people want to use whatever he uses.
"Maybe this world is another planet's hell?" - Aldous Huxley
Quote by Phil Collins
So I take it hes just dropping Ampegs then.

he's not used Ampegs for yeaaars.Pretty sure Geddy just Di'd into the FOH or something along those lines.

Now even more reason for me to choose orange now
Guitar Gear
Guitar: Ibanez GRG140 (black)
Amp:Peavey Vypyr 75

Bass Gear
Bass: Fender P-bass MIM,Peavey Millenium 5 BXP (x2),Epiphone Thunderbird
Amp:Ampeg PF500 w PF210 cab
Pedals: ODB-3,Big Muff.
Yeah, he just DIs.

This makes amp choice a lot easier for me...except for the money part.
I wonder if his tone will actually be much different now that he'll be using Orange...
Quote by skater dan0
Damn you and your ninja-like modding
Quote by Valid12891
This makes amp choice a lot easier for me...except for the money part.

Yeah, he would have to choose the most expensive bass amp they make. I'm looking forward to hearing him play through it, though.
"Maybe this world is another planet's hell?" - Aldous Huxley
I played a gig through one before. Pretty amazing. I was scared to change any knobs though, didn't wanna ruin the settings of the owner but he had it set up good!

Was pretty awesome, cant remember the exact tone tho, this would have been about two years ago now...

Gear:
Fender Standard Jazz Bass
Artec Matrix Pedal Tuner
BBE Optostomp
Boss GEB 7
EHX NYC Big Muff
Ashdown MAG C410T-300
Torque T100BX
GAS-ing for:
Boss SYB5
Behringer Intelligate IG9
The thing I hate about sponsorships, is that sometimes they can be off-putting. For everyone who wants this or that 'cos Mr X plays one, there's peeps who baulk at that association.
Now I love Oranges, and had only just recovered from the Oa*is association, then they go and do this!!! Ah well, it's not a big miss...I'd have rather had a Hiwatt DR201 anyway.*

*Doubt Orange are too fussed anyway, given that my spending power is measured in buttons!