hey guys,
need a bit of help in sweep picking..i have a focus kraemr 211s..i struggle to do sweeps..is it because of the guitar or my technique is wrong?? please help me out
hey guys,
need a bit of help in sweep picking..i have a focus kraemr 211s..i struggle to do sweeps..is it because of the guitar or my technique is wrong?? please help me out

Sweeping is hard it takes loads of practice and about a full year of practicing it just to get it clean. Basically start slowly with 3 string sweeps and just increase the speed each time you do it for that. A good arpeggio to actually start with is Dm Dmaj and D7 (cuz its open on the D string). Then, 4 strings after a week of practicing 3 strings. Good arpeggios to start for 4 string sweeps is D dim7 just starting on the D string. Practice those 3 string sweeps and 4 string sweeps for 2 weeks. 5 string sweeps, you pretty much know what your looking for now after all that. As for your Technique lightly scrap the strings and let it go down lightly as you hit each string. After all that just keep on building. You have to practice this technique EVERYDAY for about 20 minutes or more if you can. 20 minutes at least. After a couple weeks of after everyday practicing you should be able to sweep much better but, its still far going to take a couple of months or a year just to get it down without being sloppy. Good luck! hope I helped!
Sweeping is one of the more difficult techniques for guitarists. It takes 10 minutes to understand how to do them, but years to actually be able to play them decently. With that said, the guitar has nothing to do with it. It's your technique. I have never found a guitar that I couldn't sweep on.

P.S. The search bar is your friend. There are literally thousands of threads on sweeping.
Quote by Geldin
Junior's usually at least a little terse, but he knows his stuff. I've always read his posts in a grouchy grandfather voice, a grouchy grandfather with a huge stiffy for alternate picking.
Besides that, he's right this time. As usual.
I started recently learning. Use a metronome it really helps and start out REALLY SLOW. I tend to try tu rush things ans usually end up playing sloppily so really slow is the way then, you build speed.
Breakin` the Law!
practice with metronome. but please for goodness sake don't just solo with 89.99% sweeps