I am going to St. Louis University this fall and am going to be an English major in the Pre Law Scholars program, a program that ensures my acceptance into St. Louis University's School of Law (assuming that I maintain a 3.5 GPA). I would like to receive any words of wisdom from you guys that you wish you were told when you were in my position year(s) ago. For example, things you wish you would have brought, been apart of, etc.

Also, include your university, major, and year of graduation.
My Gear:
Fender American Deluxe Stratocaster
Epiphone Sheraton II
Fender Blues Deluxe Reissue
Teese RMC Picture Wah
MXR Carbon Copy
Keeley Modded TS9
Korg Pitchblack
Schecter Omen 6
Dean Performer Acoustic

Ah, a DeSmet boy.. oh jeez. Them's fightin' words. ;]

The only real thing to remember is that you need to be an adult. Once the shock sets in that nobody is there to really hold your hand, it can be tough managing time and whatnot. Just keep a schedule, either on your PC, a calendar, or a planner.

I'm up at Truman State doing music, btw.
breaking hearts
&
breaking guitars
A lot of profs post notes on power point, and many skim through them faster than you can copy: bring a laptop.

Get used to writing lab reports - they will never go away.

Bring your own food.

U of Windsor - Biology
Don't assume that you are better than anyone, especially due to whatever major you decide to undertake. We are all there to better ourselves.

The Pennsylvania State University - Psychology
Quote by rorythefaggot
I am a clock.

What am I?

GO PHILLIES
Go to class. Seriously, if class attendance was an issue for you at all in high school, get your shit together and go to your classes. I ****ed around my whole freshman year, went to like 10% of my classes. I still passed, but exams sucked.
Go to class and do the optional homework. The lowest grade I ever got (C+) was because I didn't go to class enough and didn't do the optional homework. The class shouldn't have been too hard, but I didn't know my shit well enough on the tests because I tried to blow the class off.

Also, I would say never take less than 14 hours. It will just screw you down the line when you have to either take more classes in a semester, or go extra semesters. The advisors convinced me to take 12 my first semester, and it just made it so I had to cram chemistry (a 3 hour class that has a 3 hour lab also, making it extremely hard to fit into a schedule) in later down the line.

Also. Don't stress over finals. I know a bunch of fools that spend like 18 hours a day studying coming up to finals week. I just study the perfect amount, and relax in my other time, and usually end up with better grades than my friends that go crazy on the studying. If you learned the stuff in the first place, you shouldn't have to study that much.
Last edited by bnull24 at Jun 5, 2010,
my drummer friend i live with went to desmet. lulz.

um. i'm totally not in your position. my only advice is don't get into a relationship. girls at this age can generally be said to be crazy and unstable. sure there are a few sane ones, but they're either dating someone or not interested in you.

regardless of 18-25 year old females' sanity, being in a relationship is going to hamper your studies. it's another commitment you're going to have on top of everything. just get a few booty calls in your black book and cycle them out. and if you're not into that kind of thing, just spank it.

and just learn to take good notes. never be the person who tries to copy the powerpoint verbatim or write down exactly what the teacher says. make up your own version of shorthand. just jot down keywords so you'll remember the general idea of what's being said.
#DTWD
That this was a massive buissnes scam that made you pay thousands and would leave you in debt when you got out with no garunteed job.
--Gear--

5 piece blonde sparkle Gretch drum kit

-Drummers need their own forum-
also, i wish someone would have told me how many chaches would be at a small liberal arts school. goddamn expansion. letting all the frat dudes in.
#DTWD
Quote by primusfan
my drummer friend i live with went to desmet. lulz.

um. i'm totally not in your position. my only advice is don't get into a relationship. girls at this age can generally be said to be crazy and unstable. sure there are a few sane ones, but they're either dating someone or not interested in you.

regardless of 18-25 year old females' sanity, being in a relationship is going to hamper your studies. it's another commitment you're going to have on top of everything. just get a few booty calls in your black book and cycle them out. and if you're not into that kind of thing, just spank it.

and just learn to take good notes. never be the person who tries to copy the powerpoint verbatim or write down exactly what the teacher says. make up your own version of shorthand. just jot down keywords so you'll remember the general idea of what's being said.

girls and women at any age are crazy and unstable.

fap til you die
I listen to mostly anything, except country and rap.
study in the library. always.
don't study in your dorm or in the "study area" of your dorm. you'll end up getting distracted.

and don't be afraid to change your major if you need to.

university of arizona - chemistry
Go Veg.
Enjoy yourself, don't do any drugs, only drink on occasion, stay active and try and eat as much real food as possible.

Senior double majoring in Film Studies and Theatre
from THE Ohio State University (Best school in the world btw)
Quote by Snuffles
You are an absolute god, offspring_punk

Quote by drop-dead666
You're a retard, read Scourges posts. There is already a system folder, why do I need a system32.
I assume by "college" you mean university? Here in the UK, the first year is a walkthrough. Go out and get pissed lots, take drugs, mess about. Get it out of your system by the second year.
Quote by im not mental
study in the library. always.
don't study in your dorm or in the "study area" of your dorm. you'll end up getting distracted.

and don't be afraid to change your major if you need to.

university of arizona - chemistry

good to know

those "fishbowl" things worth getting?