hi UG, I`m in a dilemma of choosing either Peavey, Marshall, Orange, Vox or Laney...

well I play rock/metal and some clean tones, what I have found so far is Vox is more to rock and same goes to orange is that true? Well my budget is around the price for a 30watt amp.. and i live in Malaysia its around RM700-900... so yeah help me out guys.. what do you think ? which one suit me more?

p/s: I`m using Ibanez ICT-700 Iceman..
Well it would be helpful if you list specfic series to help people decide but erm id say a peavey bandit or vypyr because i play pretty muhc same thigns i them amps was awersome however i have owned a marshall mg which was terrible and vox isnt for metal and i have no opinon on ornage or laney. So i'd say a Peavey will be best for you buddy
Quote by classicrocker01
You know you're addicted to gear when you've had more guitars than girlfriends

Ibanez rgr321ex
Epiphone SG special
Peavey bandit 112
ibanez tube king tk999ht
Kustom dart 10fx
Vox pathfinder
digitech grunge
First of all, nice guitar. I always wanted to try an Iceman.

Second, what's your budget?
alright thanks guys, well my budget is MYR700-MYR900, its malaysia ringgit.
I don't know how much is it in USD..

@wchurch : alot of my friends recommend peavey also heh, the 30watt is good?.. and I`ve done some research on the marshall MG series and yeah its the same feedback, very poorly made, and fragile too =(
His budget is between USD200 - USD274.

Where exactly in Malaysia are you?
Quote by Blompcube
it's so cool to hate Gibson, even the federal Department of Justice hates them.

( )( )
( . .) This is Bunny. Copy and paste Bunny into your
C('')('') signature to help him gain world domination.
peavey vypyr 30 is the best choice. if u cant find that, a peavey envoy 110 is nice aswell.
Guitars
Fender American Standard Strat 2008
Burny late 1980's Super Grade RLG-70 Les Paul
Sterling by Musicman JP50
Fender Classic Series 60's tele
Yamaha FS720S
Amp
Roland Microcube
Fender Blues Junior III Humholdt
Quote by holycow
peavey vypyr 30 is the best choice. if u cant find that, a peavey envoy 110 is nice aswell.

I'm not sure if he can find a Vypyr 30 for that price in Malaysia. The bastards jack up the prices too much.
Quote by Blompcube

( )( )
Quote by ragingkitty
I'm not sure if he can find a Vypyr 30 for that price in Malaysia. The bastards jack up the prices too much.

what about the vypyr 15?
Guitars
Fender American Standard Strat 2008
Burny late 1980's Super Grade RLG-70 Les Paul
Sterling by Musicman JP50
Fender Classic Series 60's tele
Yamaha FS720S
Amp
Roland Microcube
Fender Blues Junior III Humholdt
ohh thanks for the feedback guys...

@ragingkitty i live in penang heh

I`ve never heard of vypyr amps before, I shall do some research on it..

and uhhh peavey 110w is way out of my budget, if im not mistaken is around RM1100++
Quote by zeon

@wchurch : alot of my friends recommend peavey also heh, the 30watt is good?.. and I`ve done some research on the marshall MG series and yeah its the same feedback, very poorly made, and fragile too =(

yes my band mate ha sa 30 wat and it is pretty dam good and cuts through , shame hes uses all the dam effects to much =(

Also the bandit is real nice if you got alaod of effect pedals and dont wanna screw around with the vypyr's confusing lights and stuff =P
Quote by classicrocker01
You know you're addicted to gear when you've had more guitars than girlfriends

Ibanez rgr321ex
Epiphone SG special
Peavey bandit 112
ibanez tube king tk999ht
Kustom dart 10fx
Vox pathfinder
digitech grunge
Last edited by wchurchill at Jun 6, 2010,
Quote by zeon
ohh thanks for the feedback guys...

@ragingkitty i live in penang heh

I`ve never heard of vypyr amps before, I shall do some research on it..

and uhhh peavey 110w is way out of my budget, if im not mistaken is around RM1100++

Penang? Good grief, I've not been back there in 4 years.

Anyways, I really do not know what shops there are in Penang. If the scene is going to be something like Johor Baru, I suggest you make a trip to KL to look for the gear.

At your budget, the Vypyr would be a great choice. The alternative would be a Vox VT, if you play more lower to mid gain music, and less metal.

Is it going to be for jamming?
Quote by Blompcube

( )( )
@ragingkitty : yeah i know right penang hehehe, but I love the place too much haha, do you know roughly how much is that vypyr 30? I'll try to ask around and see hehe... and no its not for jamming, just wanted a new amp cause mine sucked so bad.. or should i get a smaller one lets say 15 watt?

@wchurch : alright thanks, appreciate your feedback.. will look into it and see how it goes haha..

anymore suggestion guys? O_o