Ok, so I've got a set of ernie ball and a set of d'addario strings. both are 11-52 gauge and I dont know which to put on so you lot can decide, go. also give reasons why a certain set are better
Gear
Epiphone Sg special <---meh

Peavey Vypyr 30 <---awesome

Hello
Last edited by bigman123 at Jun 5, 2010,
d'addario. satch uses them. btw, a poll would be nice
Survivor of:
Maryland Deathfest X
Maryland Deathfest XI
Maryland Deathfest XII
d'addario, always seem to keep that tone longer and go longer without breaking, in my experiance anyway.
I don't like the feel of Ernie Balls, they're really just bass strings in the end...
Quote by theogonia777
and then there's free jazz, which isn't even for musicians.

Quote by Born A Fool
As my old guitar teacher once said: Metal really comes from classical music. The only difference is pinch harmonics, double bass, and lyrics about killing goats.
D'Addario all the way, definatly.
Nothing to do with Satch using them, but still.

I wanted a wound third last week, the shop didn't sell single D'Addarios, only Ernie Balls, so I got an Ernie, put it on, it's already broken within one week.

I've used D'Addarios for over a year now and not broken a string once.

I used to use EBs and I used to brake strings fairly regularly.

Also I find that EBs pick up dirt from your fingers a lot quicker.

Sound wise, they're both good.
"In modern music, a lot of people are really stuck on the example, asif it were the idea. It takes millions of examples to articulate an idea, so don't get stuck on the f*cking example." - Joshua Homme, 2008.
Ok, definately d'addario now
Gear
Epiphone Sg special <---meh

Peavey Vypyr 30 <---awesome

Hello
for me ernie balls are miles better, they last longer, sound better and give more sustain, just toss a coin and put that set on, they're both decent strings
I've used both D'Addario and Ernie Ball for quite a few years and have had no problems with them. I've never broken one, they both feel and sound good and last me for about 3 months average.
D'Addario are slightly stiffer and brighter than EB's, but they're both the same quality.
- Fender American Standard Ash Telecaster w/ DiMarzio Chopper T & Twang King
- Alhambra 5P
- Laney Lionheart L5T-112
- Line 6 POD XT
- Suhr Shiba Drive
- MXR Carbon Copy Analog Delay
- Dunlop Cry Baby
D'Addarios are definatly brighter.
I would never buy Earnie Balls again now though.
"In modern music, a lot of people are really stuck on the example, asif it were the idea. It takes millions of examples to articulate an idea, so don't get stuck on the f*cking example." - Joshua Homme, 2008.