Ok so i have a black with gold hw epiphone les paul custom and i've decided instead of selling it i'm going to make it sound good. i've been thinking about a bigsby, new tune-o-matic bridge, new tuners, new electronics/wiring mods, and definatly new pickups.

Heres my ideas so far:

Pickups (in no order)
Novak Wide Range Humbucker Reissue (Gibson Sized)
Lollar Imperial Humbuckers
Tv Jones Classic filtertron style pickups
any other suggestions

basically i'm just asking for what you would do to a lame epiphone les paul custom if you had money and wanted it to be a good sounding guitar. have fun =]
My Gear:
Fender Deluxe Players Strat (loaded w/ Lollar Specials)
MXR Dyna Comp
B.K. Butler Tube Driver
EH Russian Muff
Fulltone GT-500
Keeley modded Boss TR-2 Tremolo
Vox Time Machine Delay
Fender Hot Rod Deluxe (MM transformer)
the ideas you've got for customising it are good, for pickups you may want to look at custom handwound pickups by bareknuckle or bulldog
^Or RockMonkey Pickups.
Quote by Kensai
You'll find whisky very different, but try it and you'll grow into it, soon you and whisky are one, but still two, lovers dancing across a frozen lake under moonlight, wrapped in honey and warmth.

Sums up whisky perfectly
Well what's lame about it? if you don't like the shape or how it plays or something you might not want to drop more money into it you'll never get back. Anyways if you do like it, I'd put some green key tuners on, gold bigsby, keep some gold pickups in there and throw on some gold LP knobs. That should tighten up the look of it a bit.
i actually just hate the sound of it more than anything. the pickups are atrocious and are super muddy, i've never found any use for them. i'm really interested in how those novak wide range humbuckers would sound in a mahogany body
My Gear:
Fender Deluxe Players Strat (loaded w/ Lollar Specials)
MXR Dyna Comp
B.K. Butler Tube Driver
EH Russian Muff
Fulltone GT-500
Keeley modded Boss TR-2 Tremolo
Vox Time Machine Delay
Fender Hot Rod Deluxe (MM transformer)
go with bareknuckle pickups, their all handwound which really makes a difference, imo. you should definitely go for a bigsby, i love the way they look on LP's.
just a personal preference, since your LP is black w/ gold hw, get the pickups in white. most people would go with gold but for some reason i really like white.
you should also try one of those EMG booster thingies. ive never tried one but it seems pretty cool.
good luck man!
-Gibson SG Faded
-Ibanez RG5EX1L
-Custom Upside-Down Strat
-Modded Epiphone LP
-Fender Acoustic
*Marshall DSL15H
>Ibanez TS9
>MXR Micro Flanger
>Boss TU-3
>Danelectro Vibe
>Guyatone ST-2 Comrpessor