Page 1 of 3
Ive tuned one of my guitars to Drop C# for songwriting purposes, but i dont really know any bands that play in this tuning, probably because i dont listen to alot of metal.

So could people suggest me a few? I dont mind which genre - preferably rock if you know of any, even if its just one song. But like i said i dont mind, all suggestions are welcome...

Guitars
Ibanez RG350MYE
Yamaha Pacifica 012
Tanglewood Evo Exotic TSF CE XFM

Amps
Vox Night Train w/ V112NT
Vox Valvetronix VT30

GAS List
MIA Strat
Schecter Blackjack ATX C-7
Diezel VH4

"Negative, I am a meat popsicle"
Atreyu
Quote by genghisgandhi
Your mom had a botched abortion, and you were the result.

Need a laugh?
Quote by MetaIronForce

._______________
||
|'|'|'|'|'|'|'|'|'|'|'|'|'|'|'|'|'|'|'|'|'|'|
|__LOLOMETER__|

That deserved a lolmeter

children of bodom (mostly just the are you dead yet? album)
bullet for my valentine
killswitch engage
metallica (st.wanker album)
atreyu
When I was eleven I broke the patio window and my mother sued me... She's always been a very aggressive litigator.
funeral for a friend and disturbed play in drop c#

Edit: avenged sevenfold have some too...Atreyu play in drop C though don't they?
(\__/)
(='.'=)
(")_(")
Help Bunny gain world domination by copying and pasting him in your sig or webpage.

ANDY!!!
system of a down, queens of the stone age are known to play in that tuning even though they don't play metal
Quote by link no1
children of bodom (mostly just the are you dead yet? album) No. They've used multiple tunings, none of which are drop C#.
bullet for my valentine No. Drop C.
killswitch engage No. Drop C.
metallica (st.wanker album) No. Drop C.
atreyu No. Drop C.

See quote...

Quote by britishsligean
system of a down, queens of the stone age are known to play in that tuning even though they don't play metal

Aren't SoaD in Drop C?
Quote by bendystraw
what's pron?

EDIT: i googled it, you guys are gross.

a2m/gape/murder/suicide/farrakhan/braziliancakefarts/bugera
Last edited by no.mop at Jun 5, 2010,
Quote by no.mop
Aren't SoaD in Drop C?

Early SoaD was Drop C, later then switched to Drop C#.

Some Deftones in is Drop C#.
No gods, no countries, no masters.
More guitar, less Ultimate-Guitar.
Be Serious.
Shorties represent!
Ibanez SZ520/Ibanez ORM-1/Ibanez RG7321/Pocket POD/Crate GX/Boss HM-2
Well if you don't discriminate against guys who dress like girls, and Japanese music.

The majority of the Jubilee album by Versailles is in Drop C#/Db
Anyone who says bodom doesn't use drop C# is wrong. Only on thier first album, "something wild", did they use drop C#. some great songs on that cd.

On kalmah's newest album they used drop C# I beleive. I think "bullets are blind" is in this tuning.
Guitars:
LTD Alexi-600 White & Black
LTD Alexi-200 Black(Death Adder pickup & Gold OFR)
Agile Interceptor Pro 727 7-string
Jackson JS30RR rhoads
Jackson DKMGT
Squire telecaster

amps:
Bugera 6262 212 loaded with WGS veteran 30's
Breaking Benjamin! Good stuff.
Put this in your signature if you've ever saved a child.

Yea thats what i thought.
http://www.myspace.com/alustrium

My friend's band. They're actually really good, they sound a bit like Lamb of God with the riffs, Cannibal Corpse with the vocals, and Metallica with the solos.
Quote by IRISH_PUNK13
The grandmother is having a baby with her grandson, so the grandson will be his own fathers father, the baby will be his own grandfather, and grandson, and the grandmother will be the mother, and great grandmother?

Quote by TheBurningFish
ಠ_ಠ
Attack Attack! on their first album, i think they may have tuned down for the new one
No More Tears (the song) by Ozzy is in Drop C#
NOPE
Quote by Sundin
Paramore have songs in Drop C# I think.
All of their songs are in Drop C#. A couple were recorded in Eb Standard but they usually stick with Drop C# live and just mute the low C# if needed.
Yes, I know everything. No, I can't play worth a damn.
A child is trafficked and sold for sex slavery every 30 seconds. Support Love146.
You probably don't like this song, but the "Mesmerize" album by System of a Down is in Drop C#.

I think there are even a few Van Halen songs in Drop C#.
Quote by user_nameless
You can go ahead and sponge my bob.

/notfunnyatalljoke.

Quote by halo43
When you date a vegetarian, you're the only meat they'll ever eat.
Your Demise, Of Mice and Men alos play in Drop C# I think. Well, the songs I've learnt have been in Drop C#
Quote by Andrew/WK
Your Demise, Of Mice and Men alos play in Drop C# I think. Well, the songs I've learnt have been in Drop C#

They do.

I can't think of too many other bands, to be honest.

New Attack Attack! is in Drop B and Drop G, I should correct myself..
Quote by Gundamnitpete
Anyone who says bodom doesn't use drop C# is right. Only on thier first album, "something wild", did they use C# standard. some god damn amazing songs on that cd..

Fixed
EDIT: Also, I know Disturbed does a bunch in Drop C#
-LTD Alexi 600
-LTD MH-100 QM
-Schecter Omen 6
-B-52 AT-112
Quote by My Father
So is this guitar Mexican made or human made? Wait, shit, that was really racist wasn't it?

My shitty covers: http://www.youtube.com/simpleben09
Quote by kenvy
Drop Db is the more correct term for drop C#.
Not really. You can say D# Standard instead of Eb Standard. When it comes to naming an incorrect notr within a melody, yes, you need to be careful with how you use flat and sharp. When it is just naming whatever with no context, you can happily say either. There is the arguement that you are tuning down through D to Db/C# and since you hit D first you should say Db, but for all you know the person could be tuning up from C, so C# would be equally correct.
Yes, I know everything. No, I can't play worth a damn.
A child is trafficked and sold for sex slavery every 30 seconds. Support Love146.
Im surprised no one has mentioned anything about Between the Buried and Me...
GEAR:
Ibanez Xiphos XPT750
ESP Ltd Viper 400
Egnater Rebel 30 112
Boss GE-7
Line 6 Uber Metal
Boss DD-7
Quote by Nakon14
Attack Attack! on their first album, i think they may have tuned down for the new one
No More Tears (the song) by Ozzy is in Drop C#

High F*cking Five.

That is all.
Quote by BobDetroit
Directions:
Unplug keyboard.
Place it in your butt so you can't post anymore.

Quote by Fadetoblack5:03
You deserve some form of awesome reward, but I'm to lazy. Imagine the rest of these:

Quote by espplayer400
Im surprised no one has mentioned anything about Between the Buried and Me...

aren't they C# standard?
Gear:
Ernie Ball MusicMan JP7
Schecter Hellraiser 006
Mesa Boogie Road King s.2
Mesa Boogie 4x12 Recto cab

Ibanez Keeley TS-9
TC Electronics G-Force
Amp Gizmo
Voodoo Labs GCX
Voodoo Labs Ground Control Pro
Quote by siverstorm
Well if you don't discriminate against guys who dress like girls, and Japanese music.

The majority of the Jubilee album by Versailles is in Drop C#/Db

I love Versailles.

I think Kalmah uses this tuning in For the Revolution and 12 Gauge.
I've got a playlist on my laptop of songs from Eb standard to drop C# to play along to.

Miss Murder (AFI), Dancing for Rain (Rise Against), Aint' Talkin' Bout Love (Van Halen), Simple Man (Lynyrd Skynyrd), Love Like Winter (AFI), That's What You Get (Paramore) and Welcome Home (Coheed and Cambria) are all in Eb Standard.
Breathe Into Me (RED), Stand Up (Fireflight), Blind (Lullwater, you might not find them though, only known in the Texas and Georgia area and to friends of the band), Misery Business (Paramore), Weight of the World (Evanescence), Down With the Sickness (Disturbed), Place for My Head (Linkin Park), and Stick Stickly (Attack Attack!. I know, you probably think they suck, but that song is fun to play xD) are all in Drop C#
Fender 72' Deluxe Tele
Schecter Damian Elite 7
Fender '62 Reissue Jazz Bass (MIJ)
Peavey XXX 212 (back on the East Coast)

Macbook Pro 15" Retina
Logic Pro X 10.0.7
Revalver 4
LePou Amp Sims
Ignite Amp Sims
LeCab2
RedWirez Impulses
Last edited by kumamilesbear at Jun 6, 2010,
Quote by Gundamnitpete
Anyone who says bodom doesn't use drop C# is wrong. Only on thier first album, "something wild", did they use drop C#. some great songs on that cd.

On kalmah's newest album they used drop C# I beleive. I think "bullets are blind" is in this tuning.

bodom used C# standard on their first album not drop C#

oh and Attack Attack!'s first album is fun....gets kinda boring though

hmmm i think Sevendust have some songs in drop C#
post-punksymphonicblackeneddeathcore
Last edited by Jato Unit x666x at Jun 6, 2010,
Quote by fbeckinsale
aren't they C# standard?

Yes.

BTBAM is C# standard people. Nobody EVER gets this right. I see people suggesting BTBAM for drop C, C standard, and and drop C#/Db a lot. I don't understand. The only tunings they have ever used is C# standard.

The only bands I know that use drop C#/Db are Linkin Park and Paramore (lol) so I can't really help you TS.
Enter Shikari's take to the skies is in drop c # but most of the tabs on the internet say its like drop d (wrong)
Quote by EnterShikari744
Enter Shikari's take to the skies is in drop c # but most of the tabs on the internet say its like drop d (wrong)

this guy knows whats up
post-punksymphonicblackeneddeathcore
Comeback Kid has some songs in Drop C#
Gear:
ESP Horizon II
LTD EC-1000
Ibanez MDB1

Morgan BC40
Koch Twintone II

Quote by -xCaMRocKx-

YouTube: more morons than Yahoo Answers and more hate than 4chan. It's the Internet's premier breeding ground of complete idiocy.
Avenged Sevenfold and Alterbridge are both in Drop C# quite a bit

A lot of the other bands people have mentioned have a few songs in Drop C# like Disturbed, SoaD, Killswitch (not too sure about them though, most I've seen is in Drop C).

Oh also I think Alexisonfire play in Drop C#.

If you can be bothered a lot of C# standard stuff could potentially be played in Drop C#, but that's not always the case. Eg would be A Perfect Circle's "Pet" which seems to be in C# standard, but I cbf tuning to that so I play it in Drop C#.

*shrug*
. . ▄████▄ . ▄███▄
. █████████▀ . . . . . . . . . . . . ▄▄
.███▌█|█|█|█|█|█|█|█|█|█▐███▄▄
. ████████▄ . . . . . . . . . . . . . º º º º º º º
. . ▀████▀. ▀██▀
You should check out Thrice's "The Illusion of Safety" album. The whole album is in Drop C# and has some awesome riffs and songs on it.
Maximum Volume Yields Maximum Results
Some Lamb Of God songs off of Wrath are in Drop C#, like Broken Hands for example
Gear:
Electric
2008 Epiphone G400 Heritage CherryFUBAR
2008 Ibanez GRG 170 DX
2009 Cort KX1Q
2011 LTD H 351 NT
Randall RG 50 TC
Ernie Ball 11-54
Acoustic
Dean Markley
Dunlop 10's
Page 1 of 3