Does anybody know how much it costs to sound proof a room? My room is about 7ft high, 10 ft wide and 10 ft long.
And how do you sound proof a room? Do you have to hire professionals to do it or can you do it yourself?
7 foot high?
And 10x10 foot?

I'd say that'd cost.... your soul. I've heard the devil's in the business of buying 'em.

It'd be totally worth it though.

On-topic: Egg cartons are supposed to be good at sound insulation, but you'll be saving up for a long time.

You are standing in an open field west of a white house, with a boarded front door.
There is a small mailbox here.

Steam: | PSN: Zeroxxed | Twitter:
Actually soundproofing it is really, really, really, really, really, REALLY expensive. You could do a lot to kill the sound though. Audio foam, new doors and windows that seal better, shag rugs, etc.

[IN PHIL WE TRUST]

Quote by Trowzaa
I only play bots. Bots never abandon me. (´・ω・`)

I have hardwood floor's in my room. That studio foam could get expensive. Ill look into it though. Thanks
Quote by SlinkyBlue
It's pretty tough to soundproof a room. You could put up some audio foam on all your walls, it will dampen it up quite a bit.

http://accessories.musiciansfriend.com/product/Auralex-2-Studiofoam-Wedges?sku=421718

Using these, it'll cost you $1,050 for just the walls.
Quote by sadSTATUE
Uhmmm... Well, apparently I was mentioned in a thread called "Japan and Lesbians."

Quote by Unknown_Biskit
Try typing "potatoes" with your dick then submit it.

My cover of Manchester Orchestra's "I Can Feel Your Pain"
http://www.mediafire.com/?jfvt54j4mkiiq99
Go to your neighbors who most likely will also eat eggs, ask them to give you all their empty egg cartons, if egg cartons work, you'll save money AND time.
DeVillains!
I read somewhere that the Foo fighters nailed sleeping bags to the walls when they recorded the first 2 albums.
Quote by L2112Lif
I put a ton of my capital into SW Airlines... The next day, THE NEXT DAY these nutters fly into the WTC. What the hell? Apparently no one wanted to fly anymore, and I was like "What gives? God damnit Osama, let me win a fuggin' game!"
Quote by IRISH_PUNK13
I read somewhere that the Foo fighters nailed sleeping bags to the walls when they recorded the first 2 albums.

Quote by strat335
the egg carton thing is a myth. i wouldn't buy in to it

Its not a myth, its just not soundproofing. Because of the numerous reflective surfaces it has, it dampens the sounds with much less leaking straight through, however it only really works on the higher frequencies. Snare drum will have less attack from outside the room, cymbals wont be really loud. But as for things like a bass guitar or a kick drum, it will resonate straight through without much difference. For bass frequencies, you'll need some form of substantial padding like duvets, pillows, carpets etc. Things that absorb sound rather than reflecting it. Theres plenty of cheap alternatives to dampen the room considerably, but actually soundproofing, your into hundreds, possibly thousands of $/£
I was watching one of those room for improvement shows and they were soundproofing a room with special foam that was shaped like egg cartons and it cost $100 a square meter.

At the radio station where I used to announce, they filled the walls with egg cartons. How much do you like eggs?
...In my opinion.
Your soul.
daytripper75

Bullieve

Quote by Amuro Jay
I'm gonna need specific instructions again on how to properly dance with my pants on my head.
Quote by lolmnt
First you put your pants on your head.
Second you dance.
Third you wipe off all the pussy.