Page 1 of 2
It really doesn't seem right to do it that way. Just think about it. I personally support both, but there has to be at least one person on here with this view. Please explain your view to me.
Because they don't believe a partially developed sperm and egg to be a sentient being?

Doesn't deserve more, really.
---

"L'esclave parfait est celui qui croit être libre."

---
Because an unborn baby has no consciousness whereas a criminal does. I don't support abortion, I support choice. I personally would never push someone to abortion, but I wouldn't tell them not to either.
hello
... Because an embryo doesn't think.
Quote by BeefWellington

what's the point in being "philiosophical"?

Interesting question...
What do you can a black woman who gets an abortion?

A crime stopper
Quote by JacobTheMe
JacobTheEdit: Hell yeah Ruben.

Quote by Jackal58
I met Jesus once. Cocksucker still owes me 20 bucks.
Because criminals obviously have more right to life than a fetus...
grok it.

SKREAM!

Listen to jazz, it's good for you...
Abortion = Choice of the parent to terminate a non-developed life.
Death Sentence = Termination of a developed life.

Two completely different things.
criminals did something wrong, so they deserve a second chance.
fetuses didn't do anything, so they die.

plain n simple
the game
Quote by primusfan
oh jesus christ ...

inb4 shitstorm.

I predict 20 pages for a question that has already been sufficiently answered already Like some above posters said it all depends on what stage of life do you consider something to be a human being, at early stages I don't think what you're killing can really be considered one whereas a criminal obviously is.
yeah liberals usually view this and it seems weird but they dont support abortion and never rally for abortion its more about a womans right to choose what she does with herself... although i think its retarded to support one and not the other thats their reasoning which makes sense but i dont agree with it still... womans right to abortion just reminds me of south park... sleeping with the governor and congrressman and senator and president just to get abortion laws changed...
Quote by DualReaver
stop being a radioheadfan we dont want u

wat

Anyhoo, yeah, most people who support abortion, myself included, don't consider embryos to be really human yet, in the same way sperm or eggs aren't really human. Killing things that can think and feel is where the problems start.
YOU WILL LOVE EACH OTHER
YOU WILL LOVE EACH OTHER
YOU WILL LOVE EACH OTHER
YOU WILL LOVE EACH OTHER
YOU WILL LOVE EACH OTHER
YOU WILL LOVE EACH OTHER
YOU WILL LOVE EACH OTHER
//////////////////////////////////////HEALTH
Quote by Vornik
... Because an embryo doesn't think.

I'm sure some Embryo's looking at your post, thinking, "What an ass"..

*que silence*

I've been waiting for this, TS.

edit: just saw your signature, are you for real..?
Quote by Pleasure2kill
The truth is, Muslims never apologized for their faith having something to do with the attacks on 9/11.
Last edited by damian_91 at Jun 5, 2010,
TS's sig is, just....

wow

Oh, and some people don't consider it a person if it's not born.

i don't
Quote by asator
YOU'RE A CUNT AND STUFF LESPAUL1216.

It's okay because whatever, forever
I have nothing against capital punishment; some people really deserves to die (for instance serial killers, serial rapists, cannibals, etc.) Also, I support abortion because a woman should have the right to choose whether or not to give birth. However, I do understand that some people only supports the latter.
ERROR 0x45: Signature not found
i've just never seen so many random comments that are completely unrelated in one sig

and i strongly agree with the guy above me, but something tells me you're trolling
Quote by asator
YOU'RE A CUNT AND STUFF LESPAUL1216.

It's okay because whatever, forever
Last edited by lespaul1216 at Jun 5, 2010,
████████████████████████████
███████████████████████████
█████████████████████████
██████████████████████████
Your signature ticks me off, man.

"The future's uncertain, and The End is always near."
-Jim Morrison
well one you are killing a human the other you are not
MY Music
AMPS:
Chute CC-04 2x12
GUITARS:
Fender American Deluxe Strat SSS (with DG-20's)
Martin Dx-1
PEDALS:
Big Muff Pi Tone Wicker
Keeley Mod Bluesdriver
Holy Grail Plus Reverb
MXR Carbon Copy Delay
Boss RC-2 Loop pedal
Quote by RawPower218
*Your sig*

Man, obviously.
---

"L'esclave parfait est celui qui croit être libre."

---
Okay, first off ... I am in no way entering this abortion debate as a combatant. I want to make it very clear that I AM NOT ARGUING.

That said, you'll understand the pro-choice point more by understanding that the real debate isn't whether or not it's okay to kill kids, but when life actually begins. Nobody but John Wayne Gacy and the Ramseys are going to condone killing children. However, there is not a scientific explanation for when the fetus develops enough that becomes sentient. Many people believe that a fetus that cannot think, breathe, or feel pain is only slightly more human than a plant, and thus aborting it is okay.

For reference, the Catholic church's stance on abortion is that life begins when the fetus contains blood, which is somewhere around the end of the first trimester. That has a lot to do with why abortion is legal in most states until then.

The other question is whether the fetus' right to life or the mother's right to her own body is more important. You obviously understand the right to life, but what about the other side? It goes past abortion. If a fetus' rights were ruled more important that the mother's rights, a pregnant woman that causes a car accident and miscarries can be charged with manslaughter, even if no one in the other car is injured. To take it even farther, a pregnant woman who falls down the stairs could be charged with negligent homicide.

I'm not saying any of this will happen. I'm just saying that these are the various arguments.

Personally, my belief is that men shouldn't be allowed to have a say in the abortion debate. We're not able to bear children, which means it is impossible for any man, no matter how smart or empathetic, to ever understand the abortion debate. So we shouldn't even get to vote.
If Fassa comes here, this will turn into a 20 page flamefest. I hope the mods close this one before it gets out of hand....
I dont know. I dont understand how anybody gives a ****. You arent flipping any switches or poking any coathangers so keep your nose out of other folks business.
DOWN WITH THIS SORT OF THING
and
CAREFUL NOW

No man needs a holiday more than the man who has just had one.
Last edited by Zolom at Jun 5, 2010,
Holding a pro-life position and a pro-capital punishment position is consistent. The only problem is that pro-lifers have called themselves pro-lifers and people have called out the seeming irony of calling themselves that whilst being for the power of the state to execute people for crimes. It's just being playful on language.
Well actually every human cell has the DNA required to create another human being, thus even your nostril-cells have the potential to form life. So each time you pick your nose you are killing 1000s of potential humans (clones yes, but humans non the less).

So please stop thinking of abortion as murder. A pre-embryo has less cells than a fly's brain and has no consciousness. A fully grown human being is perfectly capable of thinking and feeling, so comparing the killing of a man with an abortion is totally ludicrous in my opinion.
Guthrie Govan = Guitar Genius
I respect a woman's choice to terminate but termination can happen very late in the pregnancy without a medical reason. If you watched an ultra-sound of an abortion taking place at the latest stage it can then you'd see the child flinch and try and get away from the spike. At that stage the child is obviously sentient and recognises it's in danger. A foetus is not just a bundle of cells. Plus, if a child is unwanted then abortion is not the only option. You can argue morality and practicality all you like but if you actually witnessed a late pregnancy termination and weren't disgusted I think there's something wrong with you.
When altitude dropping, my ears started popping. One more red nightmare...
Quote by jean_genie
Okay, first off ... I am in no way entering this abortion debate as a combatant. I want to make it very clear that I AM NOT ARGUING.

That said, you'll understand the pro-choice point more by understanding that the real debate isn't whether or not it's okay to kill kids, but when life actually begins. Nobody but John Wayne Gacy and the Ramseys are going to condone killing children. However, there is not a scientific explanation for when the fetus develops enough that becomes sentient. Many people believe that a fetus that cannot think, breathe, or feel pain is only slightly more human than a plant, and thus aborting it is okay.

For reference, the Catholic church's stance on abortion is that life begins when the fetus contains blood, which is somewhere around the end of the first trimester. That has a lot to do with why abortion is legal in most states until then.

The other question is whether the fetus' right to life or the mother's right to her own body is more important. You obviously understand the right to life, but what about the other side? It goes past abortion. If a fetus' rights were ruled more important that the mother's rights, a pregnant woman that causes a car accident and miscarries can be charged with manslaughter, even if no one in the other car is injured. To take it even farther, a pregnant woman who falls down the stairs could be charged with negligent homicide.

I'm not saying any of this will happen. I'm just saying that these are the various arguments.

Personally, my belief is that men shouldn't be allowed to have a say in the abortion debate. We're not able to bear children, which means it is impossible for any man, no matter how smart or empathetic, to ever understand the abortion debate. So we shouldn't even get to vote.

That's wrong...

Catholics (and pretty much all Christians, for that matter) believe life starts at the moment of conception. I know this because I was raised Catholic (I'm now agnostic, but that's a story for a different day).

However, I do think abortion is wrong because I still hold the belief that life begins at conception, regardless of my religious upbringing.
I oppose the death penalty on the grounds that any judicial system isn't 100% effective in getting to the truth and the possibility exists that they'd some day due to some or other circumstances end up killing an innocent man, even if all the murderers/serial killers/rapists don't deserve the right to live.
Page 1 of 2