Hi,

I'm looking to buy some DiMarzios on Ebay. However, the seller doesn't know if they're F-shaped or not (I'm looking to put them onto a Floyd Rose equipped Schecter). He had them on this: http://www.jazzguitarzone.com/jazzcity.jpg

I don't know about pick-up installation: do all DiMarzios come in F and non-F size?

Thanks kindly.
btw, i believe your trying to say "F-Spaced"
and yes, there are F versions of nearly all of them^
mojostompboxes.com
Well, not all guitars are F spaced...it depends on if they use "Fender" sizing or "Gibson" sizing...some floyd rose guitars have pickups that are spaced like a fender and some have pickups that are spaced like a gibson...floyd rose's are used on both types of guitars...all dimarzio pickups will say that they are f spaced on the paper piece in the box...
There is no greater joy than soaring high on the wings of your dreams, except maybe the joy of watching a dreamer who has nowhere to land but in the ocean of reality.

I'm back!
Last edited by Andian03 at Jun 5, 2010,
Thanks. It's a Schecter Damien 6. It has a "licensed" Floyd Rose trem.

Quote by Andian03
Well, not all guitars are F spaced...it depends on if they use "Fender" sizing or "Gibson" sizing...some floyd rose guitars have pickups that are spaced like a fender and some have pickups that are spaced like a gibson...floyd rose's are used on both types of guitars...what kind of guitar do you have, brand and model?
If the pickup is cheap then just grab it regardless. There's no audible difference when using one pickup vs. the other. Some will argue that there's going to be a 'loss' in sustain, this is highly debatable.
Quote by Marty Friedman
Because I bend in such an unorthodox fashion; the notes kinda slide up and slide down...
Ok, thanks. I'll go for it. I could always slot it in my Hamer Explorer if it doesn't fit in the Schecter.
The pickup is the same size either way ... the high and low polepieces are just a little further out on the F models.

There's some debate as to whether or not it actually makes a difference though. I'd say if it's full price, don't buy it unless you're sure. If it's a really good deal, I'd buy it regardless.
Are you saying that it will fit the slot either way, but there's an additional debate concerning tone?

QUOTE=jean_genie]The pickup is the same size either way ... the high and low polepieces are just a little further out on the F models.

There's some debate as to whether or not it actually makes a difference though. I'd say if it's full price, don't buy it unless you're sure. If it's a really good deal, I'd buy it regardless.
It's only 10 GBP, buy it.
If it turns out you have no use for it then you could flip it for a small profit maby.
Warning: The above post may contain lethal levels of radiation, sharp objects and sexiness.
Proceed with extreme caution!
Quote by Nostoi
Are you saying that it will fit the slot either way, but there's an additional debate concerning tone?
Yes. The debate concerning tone is completely bunk though. A few blokes already proved the same output signal using oscilloscopes. Like I said, the only debatable difference is in sustain. Of course, given that a few people have already tried using f-spaced in non-f-spaced guitars and not said anything about sustain should tell you something.

tl;dr? No tonal difference.
Quote by Marty Friedman
Because I bend in such an unorthodox fashion; the notes kinda slide up and slide down...
Pretty much what ch0 said. F-spacing is mostly for aesthetics, it does look a bit silly if the poles arent under the strings, but the actual difference is so small you could never tell.