So my friend is offering me an used Ibanez Gsa06LTD for 350 euros, 420 dollars. I think this is way too much so can anyone tell what the cost of a new one? And if its even actuly good.
My second option is an GRG170DX - new for 220 euros, 265$.
Which one should I pick?
neither

either save up a touch more for at least an RG350 or preferably an S320, if you need a locking trem. I say the S because the ZR trem is less prone to wearing, so theoretically it should last longer. The RG350 and the GRGs have the same Edge III trem, but the RG is better quality.

That's really expensive though, the G series were Ibanez' budget starter guitars. The new ones look nice but are still pretty much starter guitars.

A Squier Classic Vibe might be a good alternative, they are around $300 US I think. Also look into Schecter, their cheaper guitars are decent.
Everyone told me this guitar costed new 250€, about 270$, so yeah i think this is way overpriced. And this quite proves it.

Edit: Wow, rg350 costs twice more, Im currently switching from acoustic (its ok but I dont prefer acoustic) to electric (lot of my friends have them and electrics are awesome!). So im currently going for a cheap guitar and change it in about half a year or so.
Last edited by Verigil at Jun 5, 2010,
Your friend is ripping you off, to put it bluntly. The GSA is part of the Ibanez Gio series (what the G stands for) It's the 'squier' of ibanez so to speak.
My gear:

Ibanez S5470-TKS with a BKP Nailbomb Bridge, Cold Sweat Neck, Trillogy Suite Middle single coil
Ibanez RGR321EX
Roland Cube 60
M-Audio Fast Track Pro
Guitar Rig 5
Ok, so currently im gonna buy the new GRG170DX (because wasting 420$ on a guitar worth about 110$ isnt normal), but later im thinking about buying RG370DX. Is 370 better or worse than 350?

Edit: Yeah Gego, I also though so when I went to check it today. It was completly stock, he only chaged the strings and wanted a fortune for it.
Last edited by Verigil at Jun 5, 2010,
Quote by Verigil
Ok, so currently im gonna buy the new GRG170DX (because wasting 420$ on a guitar worth about 110$ isnt normal), but later im thinking about buying RG370DX. Is 370 better or worse than 350?

Edit: Yeah Gego, I also though so when I went to check it today. It was completly stock, he only chaged the strings and wanted a fortune for it.

I'd honestly try to avoid Gio series if I were you, they ain't bad per se, but they're entry level guitars you'd end up replacing anyways..
My gear:

Ibanez S5470-TKS with a BKP Nailbomb Bridge, Cold Sweat Neck, Trillogy Suite Middle single coil
Ibanez RGR321EX
Roland Cube 60
M-Audio Fast Track Pro
Guitar Rig 5
Why not just save up for a Ibanez 370dx. I don't see the point in wasting money on the GRG when you can get a better one if you wait a bit.
rg370 is the base double locking trem model, ideal if you have no experience of these trems but you can do alot better from the ibanez product range, the grg170dx is fine for now but when you are ready to upgrade look at the prestige models.
Unless its your first guitar, avoid anything by Ibanez that starts with G.
Quote by IRISH_PUNK13
The grandmother is having a baby with her grandson, so the grandson will be his own fathers father, the baby will be his own grandfather, and grandson, and the grandmother will be the mother, and great grandmother?

Quote by TheBurningFish
ಠ_ಠ
oh also if you end up looking at the RG350 some more I would suggest replacing the Edge lll tremolo with something else

and yeah like said don't get any Ibanez G or Gio. Those are entry level models.
Last edited by handbanana at Jun 5, 2010,
I got mine new for $200, that's a rip off.

It is a great guitar though, but why pay more then retail for it? just buy a new one
http://www.youtube.com/user/heavymetal1110
My youtube channel

Epiphone Korina explorer, Fender MIM Strat, Ibanez GSA60, Ibanez AEG25
The amp: Bugera 1990
Pedals: Ibanez Tubescreamer,wylde od, wylde wah, Tc electronic g major,