I got a Fulltone OCD last month or so and love it, running an Ibanez PGM-301 through a Peavey Classic 30. What's the general sort of next pedal(s) to consider? Where do I go from here? Like, what could be useful to a player in general, or valuable enough to be worth the cost or such?

Also, what are good metal amps for around like $600? Megadeth/Paul Gilbert/Marty Friedman type metal mostly.

Thanks
for the amp, check out the bugera's.
This is what i tell everyone who looks for an amp in that price range, they just seem awesome for the price to me.
Gear:
Epiphone SG-400 (w/Hot Slags)/Chapman Guitars ML1 > Digitech Bad Monkey > Blackstar HT-5 > Danelectro Fish and Chips EQ > ETI Chorus Flanger
Snark Headstock tuner!
Been looking around on my own and the MXR Blue Box is interesting. How would a digital pedal of similar purpose compare?

And the Airplane Flanger by Ibanez seems like it could be fun. Is a flanger something with limited use or?

Maybe a Wah pedal? Dunno what's a good general one.

How much would an EQ pedal help I guess getting a specific tone from the Classic 30?

Is there a pedal that would make the tone in general thicker, specially on the higher notes/strings?

What do you guys think of loop pedals? What's a good one for not too much?
Last edited by I Poke Badgers at Jun 5, 2010,
Red Witch Empress chorus pedal. Not cheap, but worth every penny. As for metal amps in the $600.00 range, look at Bugera (new) or a used Marshall DSL.
"Maybe this world is another planet's hell?" - Aldous Huxley
Listen to cowboys from hell by pantera, the start of that uses flange... Flange can be used in many ways in various styles but I'd say its pretty limited in metal.
Dunlop crybaby wah, the original and best wah wah pedal.
"I've Been Imitated So Well I've Heard People Copy My Mistakes"- Jimi Hendrix

We're born to lose, so live to win
I'm digging the MXR Phase 90. Which is more true to the Jimmy Page/David Gilmour era one, the regular or Custom Shop model?

What's a good fuzz pedal perhaps like the Vexter Fuzz Factory but more along $100?

Would a compression pedal help to even out the volume of the strings when playing chords with overdrive going?

Would a digital delay be better than an analog? Do digital pedals sound at all "fake" or such?

Anyone have a Detox EQ by any chance? It looks pretty good, sounds good too.

What's a good chorus pedal?

I know all answers will be opinions, but all are welcome!

Thanks
Dude, i have the Blue box, it is an insane bit of kit. I recommend it, but if you want Gilmour tones and fuzzy stuff at the same time, get a Big Muff Pi, about 85 Greenbacks. The custom shop phase 90 has a circuit thats closer to the original 70s era one.

Personally, i would also highly recommend the ZVex FF, simply because I'm GASing for one at the moment.
Quote by I Poke Badgers
I'm digging the MXR Phase 90. Which is more true to the Jimmy Page/David Gilmour era one, the regular or Custom Shop model?

What's a good fuzz pedal perhaps like the Vexter Fuzz Factory but more along $100?

Would a compression pedal help to even out the volume of the strings when playing chords with overdrive going?

Would a digital delay be better than an analog? Do digital pedals sound at all "fake" or such?

Anyone have a Detox EQ by any chance? It looks pretty good, sounds good too.

What's a good chorus pedal?

I know all answers will be opinions, but all are welcome!

Thanks

A fuzz like the Fuzz Factory? Or just a good fuzz?
A Big Muff is a generally good fuzz and fairly versatile, but with a bit more budget look at Stomp Under Foot or Blackout Effectors. Cheaper and a little crazier is Devi Ever pedals.
A compressor evens out the signal and can be used for more sustain.
Digital delay is used more in metal because it gives clearer repeats that don't decay. Analog delay generally sounds warmer and the signal decays with each repeat. Digital also has longer delay times.
Budget for chorus? The Red Witch that was suggested further up is an amazing chorus, or maybe a Boss CE-2 / Modtone Aqua Chorus
LesPaul
Pedals
OrangeRocker30
My band
PBT Native: Resident Graphics Monkey

The Red Witch one is pretty well above my budget haha, $300 from what I'm seeing? Probably sounds amazing though.

I don't listen much to Pink Floyd but Gilmour has wonderful tone. I'd already been looking at the Phase 90 custom shop before learning he and Page used it.

The Devi Ever pedals are crazy! Been looking at them.

I'll check out the MXR EQ's. They're less expensive than the Detox which is good haha

I've spent the past many hours just listening to different pedals on ProGuitarShop.

Am looking at the Boss DD-7 vs. the Malekko Ekko thing.

Also wondering if the Zakk Wylde MXR chorus pedal is more versatile than the MXR Micro Chorus simply because it has more knobs?

The flanger in Cowboys from Hell is interesting. I really like how Paul Gilbert uses it and lot of more classic rock stuff and such.
Last edited by I Poke Badgers at Jun 6, 2010,
So I'm pretty much decided on the Airplane Flanger, MXR Phase 90 CS and Vexter Fuzz Factory, though I wouldn't be getting all at once.

I really want a delay pedal earliest, and can't decide between analog and digital. I'm inclined to go analog - can you do U2 type stuff with an analog pedal? And the stuff Paul Gilbert does in this video: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aYlx5gW90Aw ALSO, can you do volume swells with an analog delay pedal?

Also what would be good for thickening up the higher strings or in particular evening out the volume of them?

Ideally I'd go to Sam Ash and try out the Blue Box first before buying sometime down the line. Seems a bit novelty but fun nonetheless.

Thanks
Last edited by I Poke Badgers at Jun 6, 2010,
I have a couple more questions, mainly which straplocks are better

http://accessories.musiciansfriend.com/product/Ernie-Ball-Super-Locks?sku=360809

http://accessories.musiciansfriend.com/product/Dunlop-DualDesign-Straplok-System?sku=364008

I have Schallers on my guitar but they annoy me to death. If they get flipped over, which they do over time, the strap "lock" will just slide right off -_- not a good design idea. They also hang up on the strap cause of how lopsided they are and sharp on the end and that's annoying.

And... well that's the only question actually.

Thanks