http://www.cracked.com/article_18500_the-5-most-famous-musicians-who-are-thieving-bastards.html

I find some of this true, some just coincidental, but mostly humorous.

Thought's Pit monkeys?
Quote by genghisgandhi
Your mom had a botched abortion, and you were the result.

Need a laugh?
Quote by MetaIronForce

._______________
||
|'|'|'|'|'|'|'|'|'|'|'|'|'|'|'|'|'|'|'|'|'|'|
|__LOLOMETER__|

That deserved a lolmeter

yeah, i can't say i'm surprised
Quote by asator
YOU'RE A CUNT AND STUFF LESPAUL1216.

It's okay because whatever, forever
haha, yeah im not suprised either.
2012 Gibson Les Paul Custom Classic
2001 Schecter C-1 Classic
2007 Yamaha APX500
Vox AC15CC1 w/ Eminence Tonkerlite
Assorted Pedals!

All for sale!

Call me Matt!
If coldplay's not on this list...

EDIT: !!!!!!!!
¡sıɥʇ pɐǝɹ uɐɔ suɐılɐɹʇsnɐ ʎluo

E-married to danny the fish

Quote by Kensai
That's a purdy mouth you got there, zelestros. Why don't we make good use of that in other ways...
Quote by myevilside
If coldplay's not on this list...

SPOILER: they aren't
Quote by asator
YOU'RE A CUNT AND STUFF LESPAUL1216.

It's okay because whatever, forever
depends who you're ripping off. metallica took "enter sandman" from excel. in the same excel song though they quote "YYZ" at around 2:50. when metallica did it they tried to pass someone else's work off as their own. when excel did rush they were saying "this is a classic song and this is an homage to it."

when i play a jazz solo i quote bars from other tunes or melodies. one of my favorite jokes is playing "nardis" and, during my solo, playing part of the pink panther theme.

tl;dr - it's only sleazy when you steal someone's unknown work and make it look like yours. but if you're borrowing from a known work it's ok. i don't know. maybe it's just a jazz thing. but i appreciate when i hear someone quote "well you needn't" somewhere in their solo.
#DTWD
I surprised Coldplay wasn't on it myself. The fact they weren't mentioned was the biggest shocker dealing with the whole article
Quote by genghisgandhi
Your mom had a botched abortion, and you were the result.

Need a laugh?
Quote by MetaIronForce

._______________
||
|'|'|'|'|'|'|'|'|'|'|'|'|'|'|'|'|'|'|'|'|'|'|
|__LOLOMETER__|

That deserved a lolmeter

that whole stairway to heaven thing is complete bs

"the awesomely named Randy California, knew exactly where "Stairway to Heaven" came from but was too nice of a guy to say anything - he just wanted them to say "Thank you."

They never did"

they asked the band if they could use the intro in thier song, and the band agreed.

Thats what i read somewhere anyway
just give me a fender and let me rip
I plagiarise all the time. It's awesome. You should try it sometime.
YOU WILL LOVE EACH OTHER
YOU WILL LOVE EACH OTHER
YOU WILL LOVE EACH OTHER
YOU WILL LOVE EACH OTHER
YOU WILL LOVE EACH OTHER
YOU WILL LOVE EACH OTHER
YOU WILL LOVE EACH OTHER
//////////////////////////////////////HEALTH
I've been telling everyone that Unforgiven 2 sounds like children of the damned since the first time i ever heard it, but no-one believed me
¡sıɥʇ pɐǝɹ uɐɔ suɐılɐɹʇsnɐ ʎluo

E-married to danny the fish

Quote by Kensai
That's a purdy mouth you got there, zelestros. Why don't we make good use of that in other ways...
Most of those are way too tenous, and could easily have been a coincedence, if you think how many songs there are in the world, yet only 12 notes in the western scale system.

And even if it's not coincedence... *insert that picasso quote here*
Look at the one about character rip-offs. It's astonishing. Pretty much the entire lion king is 100% plagiarized.
........................,;:/|Simply~~Strings|\:;,......................
Quote by JustRooster
I love you forever.

Quote by KeepOnRotting
That Rick Roll was extremely well played.
well as i've always said, life's too long to bother with suing ****ing Lloyd Webber.
Quote by primusfan
depends who you're ripping off. metallica took "enter sandman" from excel. in the same excel song though they quote "YYZ" at around 2:50. when metallica did it they tried to pass someone else's work off as their own. when excel did rush they were saying "this is a classic song and this is an homage to it."

Excel are great and Enter Sandman is one of the very few Metallica songs I like.
I've known this forever, it doesn't really stop them from being awesome does it
VERY METAL!
\m/
RIP Ronnie James Dio

Quote by metaldud536
RazorTheAwesome, if I was a Ditto, I'd transform into YOU

Quote by Kensai
Basically god wanted to punish people for getting educated/eating apples.

Quote by Jackal58
We all desire a little pussy.
Quote by myevilside
I've been telling everyone that Unforgiven 2 sounds like children of the damned since the first time i ever heard it, but no-one believed me

holy shit...i'd never noticed that...they really do sound a lot alike

Formspring

Quote by guitarxo

<--- this is a symbol of being awesome
hmm, i knew about metallica stealing the enter sandman riff, even kirk has said he stole it, but it doesnt seem that obvious in the song. if you werent listening specifically for it, you probably wouldnt notice. the zeppelin stuff as well was a stretch

the fergie one, THAT was pretty much total rip off
NOPE
My uncle was one of the lawyers who sued Andrew Lloyd Weber. During the deposition Weber would insist on being called "Sir Weber" and my uncle kept calling him Mr. Weber, and apparently that really pissed him off.
I'm rgrockr and I do not approve of this message.
Quote by Dylar
So, like you, your uncle has a huge dick? Is that the moral of this story?

I didn't know you were interested in him that way...
I'm rgrockr and I do not approve of this message.
Quote by rgrockr
I didn't know you were interested in him that way...

My, aren't you clever. Did your uncle teach you that trick between sodomy sessions?
Quote by twitchyAMC
what if it's a coincidence?

Because, in this here world, we have people who thrive off the attempt to make others seem like assholes. Even its on of the most loosely based assumptions.

But, as far as Metallica's case, I hardly see the sandman ripoff as that solid of evidence...and I really am not a fan of sandman in the firstplace. Also, Hetfields "the band will remain anonymous" remark could have been because they had dealings with the band and settled the dispute. If I remember correctly that statement was made years after MOP. Perhaps he was regretful of the fact that he stole that in his youth. But, like my above paragraph, that reasoning doesnt make him a complete ass so it can't be true!
Hey!Everyone!
Come and See how good I look!

You Stay Classy, Ultimate Guitar
i read this earlier and i was quite surprised with the lack of oasis ... but then again they did technically admit to taking tunes from other bands. it wasn't like metallica or led zeppelin where they ignored any sort of accusation.
Quote by primusfan

when i play a jazz solo i quote bars from other tunes or melodies. one of my favorite jokes is playing "nardis" and, during my solo, playing part of the pink panther theme.

tl;dr - it's only sleazy when you steal someone's unknown work and make it look like yours. but if you're borrowing from a known work it's ok. i don't know. maybe it's just a jazz thing. but i appreciate when i hear someone quote "well you needn't" somewhere in their solo.

your tl;dr is too long, therefore i didn't read it.
Sent from my iPad.
i agree with the entire list, especially mettallica and black eyed peas