how do you guys make all parts in your bands heard?
also when playing a rhythm part then going into a little bit of lead or sometimes a solo how to you make the solo cut through the mix but not overpower everything else? or when going from solo to rhythm without being to loud?

basically how to you get every piece in a band to sound separate and full?
is this in a recording sense or a live sense?
Fender Jim Root Signature Telecaster
Martin Westside Custom Edition
Peavey 6505
Peavey XXX Cab
ISP Decimator Prorack G
Sennheiser EW172 G3
Sennheiser wireless IEM
Ibanez TS9DX
Boss TU-2 Tuner
MY BAND:
http://www.myspace.com/thedirtyyouth
are you a sound guy?
periphery/bulb!

gear:
Ibanez RG7321 w/ D-sonic in bridge

Peavey 5150 mk ii & b52 4x12 cab

line 6 podxt for recording

Quote by AsOneIStand
Head and Cab for $130? You don't need a head and cabinet, you need a psychological examination.
Quote by mydog_88
how do you guys make all parts in your bands heard?
also when playing a rhythm part then going into a little bit of lead or sometimes a solo how to you make the solo cut through the mix but not overpower everything else? or when going from solo to rhythm without being to loud?

basically how to you get every piece in a band to sound separate and full?

volume knob.

leave it set to a low setting for normal riffing, but turn it up when you play lead.

x
Fender Geddy Lee Jazz
Warwick Corvette $$
Rockbass Streamer Fretless
Hartke HA5000
SWR Triad

Quote by Victory2134
I happen to enjoy every mankiss from shinhoman.
Heres how I mix:

Vocals: Loud but not overbearing. Since Vocals are the main thing to be heard, you want them out there but not "OMFG! ALL I HEAR ARE THE WORDS!"

Rhythm Guitar: Not as loud as the vocals but a little louder than the snare. The snare and the guitars are about in the same frequency range so they are always fighting each other.

Lead Guitar: It depends. If someones singing, somewhere where vocals can be clearly heard but not overpowering it. Also, being able to hear it over the rhythm guitar.

Bass Guitar: Somewhere in the range of the bass drum. These 2 items should meld together nicely.

Drums: Snare to Guitar, Bass Drum to Bass Guitar. Cymbals to taste.

Check this guide, I have the full book and its great: http://www.digitalprosound.com/2002/03_mar/tutorials/mixing_excerpt1.htm
Derpy Derp Derp Herp Derp
Quote by lockwolf
Heres how I mix:

Vocals: Loud but not overbearing. Since Vocals are the main thing to be heard, you want them out there but not "OMFG! ALL I HEAR ARE THE WORDS!"

Rhythm Guitar: Not as loud as the vocals but a little louder than the snare. The snare and the guitars are about in the same frequency range so they are always fighting each other.

Lead Guitar: It depends. If someones singing, somewhere where vocals can be clearly heard but not overpowering it. Also, being able to hear it over the rhythm guitar.

Bass Guitar: Somewhere in the range of the bass drum. These 2 items should meld together nicely.

Drums: Snare to Guitar, Bass Drum to Bass Guitar. Cymbals to taste.

Check this guide, I have the full book and its great: http://www.digitalprosound.com/2002/03_mar/tutorials/mixing_excerpt1.htm

this was great advice thanks man