Yeah, I spent a while trying to learn this. Maybe if I can improve on it more, I might try recording the whole song.

Just thought I'd get some real opinions and critiques before I try to show it to people that know me haha.

Many thanks to anyone that replies
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1dCL68UAnk4
High Cardinal of Zeppelinism PM TheHeartbreaker to join and
"Co-Founder (and Yoda) of the Star Wars Universe. PM me or SethMegadefan to join.

' " The last enemy that shall be destroyed is death"...'-p.269-Deathly Hallows
Last edited by zeppelinpage4 at Jun 5, 2010,
I thought the playing itself was somewhere between OK and good.. some parts were spot on and others were so-so but it's not the easiest solo to play on an LP style guitar. The recording setup was pretty bad and the tone wasn't great either which didn't help. The only part that really bothered me though was at 1:20 to 1:23 you kinda cheated and left out the 17th fret on the high E.

I feel like it would sound a little bit better with more practice, but it would sound a LOT better with different equipment/setup -- i.e. a 24-fret superstrat style guitar, better distortion/effects/amp, better recording setup.. although if you just wanna play for people you know that last part doesn't matter. Not saying your current equipment is bad, just not right for the song.

Check out my version in my sig if you want and feel free to leave a comment on youtube
You have good finger tone. That's good, but some of your faster runs were a little messy. Just a little more practice (maybe with a metronome) on those faster licks in the solo and you'll be on your way.

Overall, I thought it was a good attempt. Classic solo man.
Quote by zgr0826
My culture is worthless and absolutely inferior to the almighty Leaf.

Quote by JustRooster
I incurred the wrath of the Association of White Knights. Specifically the Parent's Basement branch of service.
Quote by van01010100
I thought the playing itself was somewhere between OK and good.. some parts were spot on and others were so-so but it's not the easiest solo to play on an LP style guitar. The recording setup was pretty bad and the tone wasn't great either which didn't help. The only part that really bothered me though was at 1:20 to 1:23 you kinda cheated and left out the 17th fret on the high E.

I feel like it would sound a little bit better with more practice, but it would sound a LOT better with different equipment/setup -- i.e. a 24-fret superstrat style guitar, better distortion/effects/amp, better recording setup.. although if you just wanna play for people you know that last part doesn't matter. Not saying your current equipment is bad, just not right for the song.

Check out my version in my sig if you want and feel free to leave a comment on youtube

Thanks a lot, that's fantastic advice. I wasn't expecting to get such a detailed reply but I'm going to try and look into all the stuff you mentioned. I think i'll need to work on getting a little more comfortable with the solo and fixing up those small but important details.

Most of my set up was geared towards light classic rock and I used a small digital camera for the video, so I may not be able to do much for the sound right away. However this could be a good chance to invest in some new gear. Maybe a metal muff?

Quote by H4T3BR33D3R
You have good finger tone. That's good, but some of your faster runs were a little messy. Just a little more practice (maybe with a metronome) on those faster licks in the solo and you'll be on your way.

Overall, I thought it was a good attempt. Classic solo man.

Thank you, i'll try to work on that.
Those faster licks will probably be worked out with some extra practice.
High Cardinal of Zeppelinism PM TheHeartbreaker to join and
"Co-Founder (and Yoda) of the Star Wars Universe. PM me or SethMegadefan to join.

' " The last enemy that shall be destroyed is death"...'-p.269-Deathly Hallows
Last edited by zeppelinpage4 at Jun 6, 2010,
I thought it was really tight for the most part. There are a few very minor hicups, but overall its very impressive. I really like your tone - though it's always annoying when you can hear the picking noise, mic the amp next time if possible. But that's just being picky (no pun intended) - overall it was a really good listen.

Cheers for the input on my NiN remix.