So I was playing through my MESA, and have my Dunlop Cry Baby Classic running through the FX loop, and if I go past 5 on the volume, i'll get an extremily high pitched feedback. But if I unplug the wah, no feedback (unless I'm standing right beside the amp with my guitar on). Any suggestions to stop this?
MY GEAR:
PRS SE Custom 24
Jackson DKA7
Gibson Explorer
MESA/Boogie Express 5:25
BOSS GT-100

BOSS TU-2
Dunlop Cry Baby Classic
BOSS NS-2
VOX Joe Satriani Ice 9 OD Pedal
VOX Joe Satriani Time Machine Delay Pedal
Ernie Ball Strings
V Picks
You're running it through your fx loop? Huh, do you like the sound of it there, because i did the same thing with my jsx and my wah, just to expiriment, and i got alot of feedback too. Maybe try running it through the front of your amp.
--------------------------------
GEAR
Guitars----
Aria:Ariana
Ibanez:RG7321
Peavey:Raptor Sig. series
Peavey:EXP Sig. series
ESP LTD: V-500
Amplifiers----
Orange 2X12 cab
Peavey: JSX
Peavey: XXL
if it was happening constantly i would suggest checking the inputs and outputs of the wah and where they're going (you can get controllable feedback from a backwards wah), but since its only at a certain volume level, i would suggest running the pedal through the direct chain not the fx.
My Gear:
Gibson Faded Flying V
"Dante's Inferno" Iceman
Fender Hot Rod Deluxe 112
etc.

Quote by freedoms_stain
I can't imagine anything worse than shagging to Mark Knopfler.

Maybe shagging Mark Knopfler, but that's about it.
Quote by Drew Dolezal
You're running it through your fx loop? Huh, do you like the sound of it there, because i did the same thing with my jsx and my wah, just to expiriment, and i got alot of feedback too. Maybe try running it through the front of your amp.

I like the sounds of it a lot more in the FX than infront of the amp. It doesn't sound as bass heavy, and seems to get that "wah" sound more clearly.

Would running a noise surpressor in the X connection help?
MY GEAR:
PRS SE Custom 24
Jackson DKA7
Gibson Explorer
MESA/Boogie Express 5:25
BOSS GT-100

BOSS TU-2
Dunlop Cry Baby Classic
BOSS NS-2
VOX Joe Satriani Ice 9 OD Pedal
VOX Joe Satriani Time Machine Delay Pedal
Ernie Ball Strings