I have a 58 Korina Epiphone Explorer and have only had it for 6 months and the e and B string both suddenly lose tune incredibly fast after I tune my guitar. I bend alot when I solo on those strings and that seems to be doing it. It feels like the strings are not even being held in tune, they feel like they weaken as I play them and just lose tuning. I usually play in Drop C and use 12 guage strings on it if that helps and for whatever reason after about 2 minutes of playing after having tuned, I have to tune those strings all over again. Is this a neck problem and should I send it back to Epiphone with my warranty or is there some common thing gone wrong with it? I'm getting frustrated to say the least cause I feel like I have just bought this thing and I do take good care of it.'

Thanks for any help,

Justin
get locking tuners, if problem persists consult your local (good) guitar shop. they will be able to tell you other solutions.
Belief is a beautiful armour but makes for the heaviest sword.
Quote by Dempsey68
get locking tuners, if problem persists consult your local (good) guitar shop. they will be able to tell you other solutions.

No. If it's under warranty return it.
"Guitar is tactile, It's about how you play it"
- Joe Bonamassa

the problem can lie in the brand of strings you are using, i recently found out that alot of manufacturers have moved their string plants to china to cut cost and increase profit margins.
as a result very few string companies are still making their stuff in the u.s with good materials, but companies such a D'addario are using inferior materials, and these strings just lack tension and continue to stretch and go out of tune until finally they get so stretched and distressed that they break.

my local guitar shop buys their strings directly from a factor in the u.s without packaging and makes up their own packs of whichever guage i want, so when i do repairs i offer the option of custom guage, quality strings and a low price.

so in a round-a-bout way, make sure you're using good strings, dunlops have never failed me.
some guitars
some amps
some pedals
some crabs
Quote by TomG10-7
No. If it's under warranty return it.

I doubt a 58 explorer would be under warranty
Now that I think about it the same thing happened to my strat awhile back,
I changed the tuners and no luck I ended up changing the bridge itself and now it says in tune great.
Quote by letsgocoyote
No I'm not Jesus. I would aspire to be though. I think under circumstances he would let you pay less if you needed to.
Last edited by Little_Buster at Jun 5, 2010,
[QUOTE=Little_Buster]I doubt a 58 explorer would be under warranty
Now that I think about it the same thing happened to my strat awhile back,
I changed the tuners and no luck I ended up changing the bridge itself and now it says in tune great.

with this being an Epi I think you'll find it's a model they make not a vintage piece
Quote by Bigsteve92
with this being an Epi I think you'll find it's a model they make not a vintage piece

also, who the heck would tune a '58 to Drop C?