I didnt know where to post this but since I spend most of my time in here I figured i'd post it here.

Basically im restoring a guitar for somebody and i need to polish the frets, I dont have any more polishing compound so I need something else to do it with and im not sure what I could use except maybe #0000 steel wool. Any and all help is appreciated
Quote by letsgocoyote
No I'm not Jesus. I would aspire to be though. I think under circumstances he would let you pay less if you needed to.
Last edited by Little_Buster at Jun 5, 2010,
Quote by Little_Buster
I didnt know where to post this but since I spend most of my time in here I figured i'd post it here.

Basically im restoring a guitar for somebody and i need to polish the frets, I dont have any more polishing compound so I need something else to do it with and im not sure what I could use except maybe #00 steel wool. Any and all help is appreciated

i wouldnt go any coarser than 000

x
Fender Geddy Lee Jazz
Warwick Corvette $$
Rockbass Streamer Fretless
Hartke HA5000
SWR Triad

Quote by Victory2134
I happen to enjoy every mankiss from shinhoman.
have anything that polishes silverware? tap the frets before you steel wool though, you already know that though. i cant think of any house hold things you can use though
Quote by shinhoman
i wouldnt go any coarser than 000

x

Actually I meant to put 0000
Quote by letsgocoyote
No I'm not Jesus. I would aspire to be though. I think under circumstances he would let you pay less if you needed to.
when i polish my frets i use 0000 steel wool, and they look great. make sure to tape your fretboard, or else the steel wool can mess it up.
Gear:

Guitars:
BC Rich Warlock
Dean 88
ME682-In Progress
Amps:
Carvin SX300
Etc:
Clayton 1.0mm picks
Planet Waves cables.
I use 000, but you can still see small little marks, what you should do it go over them with 000 to shine 'em up, then go over with 0000. Do make sure to use tape, I use a 1/2" strip of blue painters tape, works great. One on each side of the fret is perfect.