Not close to being done. The main thing I need is to learn how to add drums to this, I know what feeling I'm looking for but don't know much about drums in general.

C4C, but I'm completely new to this forum and don't know much about giving critique.
Attachments:
Untitled.gp5
Sorry man all i hear is just a bunch of random notes. Try putting some drums in or something, might make it sound more real.
Quote by lord_nosfuratu
Sorry man all i hear is just a bunch of random notes. Try putting some drums in or something, might make it sound more real.

It's not random actually, I'm using this to write.
This is really cool. You need to expand on it and really add drums to it to make it flow. I checked out that website you posted. It's an interesting take on the tone row concept. I've written with tone rows so I have a feel for what you're doing. It isn't random notes but you need something to connect it all together. Very interesting vibe going though! Kinda funky with weird-as-hell time signatures.

Here I added some drums as an example.
Attachments:
UntitledDrumFix.gp5
Last edited by TheNoManBand at Jun 6, 2010,
Quote by TheNoManBand
This is really cool. You need to expand on it and really add drums to it to make it flow. I checked out that website you posted. It's an interesting take on the tone row concept. I've written with tone rows so I have a feel for what you're doing. It isn't random notes but you need something to connect it all together. Very interesting vibe going though! Kinda funky with weird-as-hell time signatures.

Here I added some drums as an example.

The drums will probably bring it together, though it's supposed to be haphazard with the changes in feeling, sort of like the instrumental section of Metropolis Part 1.

Ron Jarzombek is a master of his own system, anyone who listens to Blotted Science can tell you that. Mastering this system as a different person will take a lot of work and practice, especially if you don't want to just copy his style. Hopefully I can get somewhere with this.