These guys get bashed on here a lot. I think it's because most (all?) of their songs are simplistic and because they're "pop punk". Who gives a shit? Just because it's poppy and catchy doesn't mean it's bad. Some of the melodeath shit out there Children of Bodom is catchier and poppier than Blink in my view.

Seriously, almost every album of theirs, apart from the debut which I wasn't really into is just really good songwriting. Simple, yes. But still catchy as hell and with really solid memorable melodies.

Plus a lot of their lyrics are hilarious, which is a nice bonus. You know what... anyone can play really technical shit if they practice guitar 8 hours a day, but the fact is a lot of these tech death bands out there that some obsess over (and believe me, I listen to plenty of metal) can't write anywhere near what this teen pop punk band can. And it's not cause it's "above me" or some other pretentious bs. I listen to Gorguts, which is some of the weirdest shit known to man.

I guess what I'm trying to say is... Blink is the shit. There's billions of imitators out there... All American Rejects comes to mind as one particularly forgettable band, but they all suck and deserve the hate. But Blink? No. Sorry, they're really kickass songwriters, even if Tom's voice does suck live.
What the hell is Blink?

Also, cool opinions bro.
daytripper75

Bullieve

Quote by Amuro Jay
I'm gonna need specific instructions again on how to properly dance with my pants on my head.
Quote by lolmnt
First you put your pants on your head.
Second you dance.
Third you wipe off all the pussy.
Reported...nah I'm not like that.
Quote by neidnarb11890
the chinese take-out place my family always ordered from gave you chopsticks, so as a kid it was fun to try & eat with chopsticks
now i just use a fork, 'cuz nothing is fun anymore & i just want to shovel food into my mouth to fill the void
If you're talking about Blink 182, you are oh so wrong. I dare you to go to /b/ and say they are awesome or whatever you think they are.
Quote by UntilISleep
You have excellent taste in literature, dear sir

Quote by Primus2112
You have excellent taste in video games, good sir.

Quote by GbAdimDb5m7
You have terrible taste in signatures, idiotic sir.

kkoo
you suck
Quote by ultimatedaver
We're just trying to help man, cause it doesn't seem like you can get any pizza.
The more you complain about a band/artist being flamed, the more they get flamed. If you like Blink, then that's cool. It shows massive insecurity about your taste in music when you feel the need to defend a band that you like just out of the blue.
Quote by AA00P
Listen to the man, he's Jewish.
Quote by izbbass
If you're talking about Blink 182, you are oh so wrong. I dare you to go to /b/ and say they are awesome or whatever you think they are.

since when does what /b/ thinks matter?
Quote by izbbass

That shit hellhole /b/ thinks anything thing not pasty white, has acne, or hentai is bad.
Why do you care what other people think about the band?
"The future's uncertain, and The End is always near."
-Jim Morrison
cool. who cares if these guys dont like the music you do? i dont give a shit. go to the pop punk forum, therell be plenty of people that agree with you there.