I've got a 1993 Fender Mexican Stratocaster that I recently installed a Seymour Duncan JB into, and now need to find an accomodating pickguard. I bought one from pickguards.com but the mounting holes don't align, so I'm stuck. Anyone know if there's a website that sells pickguards for guitars made in a certain year? Or could I just cut a humbucker shape into my old SSS-configured pickguard and spraypaint it black? Other suggestions are welcome
Quote by Jackal58
I eat dead meat all the time. You don't have to chase it around your plate and it doesn't try to peck your eyes out.

It Happens.

My Gear:

-Custom Fender MIM Black Strat
-Mesa/Boogie Rect-O-Verb
-Schecter C-1 Hellraiser
ebay most likely
MIM Fender Strat
Ibanez AE series acoustic
Washburn Semi Hollow loaded with Di-Marzios
Main Street LP
Tama drum set
Marshall Blues-breaker 2
VOX V847 Wah
Fender Princeton chorus
Ive noticed with a bunch of strat pickguards the holes dont match up, I personally just redrill the holes but if you dont want to do that you can always use a dremel or something to cut out a route in your pickguard for a humbucker.
Quote by letsgocoyote
No I'm not Jesus. I would aspire to be though. I think under circumstances he would let you pay less if you needed to.
I dont know about years, but there are pick guards made for a specific number of holes. Did you get the right one?

I'd just redrill the holes tbh.
Just call me Bobby
Member of the official GB&C "Who to Listen to" list
Quote by mikeyElite
you build guitars worthy of sexual favors

Quote by Invader Jim
if this party gets any livelier a funeral is gonna break out.
Quote by EvilAngel93
I've got a 1993 Fender Mexican Stratocaster that I recently installed a Seymour Duncan JB into, and now need to find an accomodating pickguard. I bought one from pickguards.com but the mounting holes don't align, so I'm stuck. Anyone know if there's a website that sells pickguards for guitars made in a certain year? Or could I just cut a humbucker shape into my old SSS-configured pickguard and spraypaint it black? Other suggestions are welcome

WD Music USA - Genuine Fender 1 HB 2 singles

Quote by WD Music
WD offers many more Fender® pickguards than shown here. Due to a variety of manufacturing changes over the years many guards require tracings so we can both know that you are getting the pickguard that will fit your guitar. ANY REISSUE options are for U.S. manufacture unless otherwise noted. We have a HUGE library of templates dating back over thirty years, so if you don’t see your model that doesn’t mean we can’t make it, it just means you’ll have to call 800-449-9348 ext. 112 or email custompickguards@wdmusic.com

They have been the industry leaders in replacement PG's since the 70's.
Might be worth an email or phone call to check for the year of your guitar.
Quote by Cal UK

...that's what Skeet always says anyway and he's a sex god.

I support Shay van Fani
I can supply WD Music, ABM and AllParts products to UK builders at DISCOUNTED prices!
Last edited by Skeet UK at Jun 6, 2010,
^Actually, that was the place I bought it from....when I bought the non-fitting PG, I didn't read the notification that stated it'll only fit post-2002 Fender Strats, and even though I could order a custom pickguard, I'm rather strapped for cash and only have $20 left. Is there a way to hold down the pickups without a pickguard, or at least part of it (for instance, if I were to only use the section covering the wire cavity/pots and then cut off the rest)?
Quote by Jackal58
I eat dead meat all the time. You don't have to chase it around your plate and it doesn't try to peck your eyes out.

It Happens.

My Gear:

-Mesa/Boogie Rect-O-Verb
-Schecter C-1 Hellraiser
Quote by EvilAngel93
^Actually, that was the place I bought it from....when I bought the non-fitting PG, I didn't read the notification that stated it'll only fit post-2002 Fender Strats, and even though I could order a custom pickguard, I'm rather strapped for cash and only have $20 left. Is there a way to hold down the pickups without a pickguard, or at least part of it (for instance, if I were to only use the section covering the wire cavity/pots and then cut off the rest)?

You tend to mount them on the PG with screws and springs dude.
Quote by Cal UK

...that's what Skeet always says anyway and he's a sex god.

I support Shay van Fani
I can supply WD Music, ABM and AllParts products to UK builders at DISCOUNTED prices!
Quote by Skeet UK
You tend to mount them on the PG with screws and springs dude.

Yes, but....nevermind. I just don't like having to buy an entirely new PG is all, which by the looks of it is inevitable.
Quote by Jackal58

It Happens.

My Gear:

-Mesa/Boogie Rect-O-Verb
-Schecter C-1 Hellraiser