just plug your guitar into your computer in the mic spot, use a 1/4 to 1/8 jack, it works for recording
EQUIPMENT:
Squire P-bass - d'addario EXL230
Fender rumble 15
Epiphone Thunder Bird Reverse IV - Ernie ball super slinky
Vibe V-40b
Jerzey Acoustic bass - d'addario EXL190
KORG AX10B Bass Modeling signal Processor
Russian Big Muff
Plugin in your guitar straight into your computers LINE IN gives the worst possible recording quality. Sound cards are not ment for recording. If you are serious at all about recording I recommend getting and audio interface. Can get a pretty good one for recording guitar for about a 100 bucks.

But yes a line in to your computer will work just not very well.
My Music
-Leave a rating, comment with link will C4C-
The guitar link cables are terrible.

Check out the Line 6 Pod Studio GX. Its great for recording guitar. Its about $100 USD (idk how much it is in the UK)

Quote by zamok
just plug your guitar into your computer in the mic spot, use a 1/4 to 1/8 jack, it works for recording

No. Either never suggest that again and learn how to properly record or leave.
Derpy Derp Derp Herp Derp
Quote by lockwolf
The guitar link cables are terrible.

How so?

Quote by lockwolf
Check out the Line 6 Pod Studio GX. Its great for recording guitar. Its about $100 USD (idk how much it is in the UK)

It's $350 here, NZ sucks with this kind of stuff because of shipping, business and lack of items. My budget is $300. My local music shop is out of M-Audio Fast Tracks, the Yamaha Audiogram doesn't work on Windows 7 and this is my final option.
Quote by chaoticfables
How so?

Basically, its like plugging your guitar straight into your computer but without the risk of blowing up your sound card. They are very hard to control and I've taken shits that sound better than what I've heard people record with them.
Derpy Derp Derp Herp Derp
Buy online, and have it shipped, if you want any kind of quality whatsoever you will want a decent interface.
My Music
-Leave a rating, comment with link will C4C-