Hey, On my Vintage V100 there is occasionally rattle from the TOM bridge, when I bend strings, play fretted notes or open strings. I removed the strings and have seen that the saddles are loose and move about. Is there anything I can do to sort this out?
Cheers
"Guitar is tactile, It's about how you play it"
- Joe Bonamassa

I get that on my Epi, Rally and Gibson LPs. Actually my LTD is the first guitar I've found with a stock tune-o-matic that doesn't rattle. Seems to be a very common problem. My theory is tune-o-matics are a bit fiddly to make properly fitting saddles for, it's not like Strat or Tele bridges where you've got really easy acess to every screw, spring and hole.

I've not found a real fix for it yet other than just buying a new bridge/bridge saddles. Sucks, but that seems to be the only solution. I'd recommend the Graph Tech ResoMax bridges as a replacement, really good tone and no rattle. Stuck one on my Epi and it has sorted the noise and really improved the sustain too.
Yes, I know everything. No, I can't play worth a damn.
A child is trafficked and sold for sex slavery every 30 seconds. Support Love146.
Tape? Crude, but if it works then awesome, and if not, it's tape, just take it off. :Shrug:
THE FORUM UPDATE KILLED THE GRADIENT STAR

Baltimore Orioles: 2014 AL Eastern Division Champions, 2017: 50-54
Baltimore Ravens: 2012 World Champions, 2017: 0-0
2017 NFL Pick 'Em: 0-0
until you upgrade you can sometimes get away with putting a bit of sponge under the rattling part.
Jenneh

Quote by TNfootballfan62
Jenny needs to sow her wild oats with random Gibsons and Taylors she picks up in bars before she settles down with a PRS.

Set up Questions? ...Q & A Thread

Recognised by the Official EG/GG&A/GB&C WTLT Lists 2011