I have a plan for modding my telecaster by getting a blank control plate from GFS and drilling out a 5-way switch, a master volume knob, a mini-switch that turns on the neck pick-up in positions 1, 2, and 3 (bridge, bridge/ middle, and middle respectively) and an output jack around where a tone knob should go (being that I never use the tone knob in the first place).
The guitar I am modding is a Squier Vintage-Modified Telecaster SSH, but I have already replaced the stock pick-ups to a Dimarzio Chopper T in the bridge, a Dimarzio Cruiser Neck for the middle, and a Seymour Duncan Vintage Mini Humbucker for the neck.
I am wondering how I would go about wiring this all up; I understand how I would rout the control plate with a drill press, but I'm not sure if I should finally overcome my fear of all things involving electronics or simply take it in to a place that can do all of this for me.
Also, any ideas or criticisms on what I'm planning to do in general.
Thanks in advance for any input.
Check the ultimate wiring thread. All the theory, plus wiring diagrams can be had there.
The link is in the essential links sticky at the top of this forum. If you still have questions, ask there.

Reported for close.
Just call me Bobby
Member of the official GB&C "Who to Listen to" list
Quote by mikeyElite
you build guitars worthy of sexual favors

Quote by Invader Jim
if this party gets any livelier a funeral is gonna break out.