Page 1 of 3
I am doing a human research paper investigating the connection between the lyrical and visual content associated with different genres of music and a person's behavior and personality. All of the surveys below ask essentially the same questions; I just had to separate them so i could evaluate the results as they pertain to each genre. I would seriously appreciate it if you could take 30 seconds to fill out a survey. It is only 7-8 questions long depending on which one you choose. Also, i am aware that the categories are extremely broad, but just try to pick the one that pertains to you the most.

Hip Hop & Rap http://www.surveymonkey.com/s/WB8V3ZR

Metal http://www.surveymonkey.com/s/WBKBBS3

Punk http://www.surveymonkey.com/s/WB8WFQ2

Something Else http://www.surveymonkey.com/s/WBDPG7N

A broad range of genres http://www.surveymonkey.com/s/WBLY8TY

I personally think it would be interesting to see the results of this survey, and i also know that a lot of people have fairly strong opinions on the subject. I tried to design this survey however, in a way that opinion would have very little impact on the results. Either way, if people want i can post the results after a little while. As a final note, this survey is completely anonymous and I would appreciate if people answered as honestly as possible.

Thanks in advance.
Done.
Quote by Pleasure2kill
The truth is, Muslims never apologized for their faith having something to do with the attacks on 9/11.
finished
It's always the last day of summer and I've been left out in the cold with no door to get back in
done
Quote by SomeoneYouKnew
Your post was the only bright spot in this disgusting piece of thread.

Quote by lexanirider78
You have balls. I like balls....(awkward silence)

Quote by SeveralSpecies
I waited for the rape.

...but the rape never came
Complete
Quote by supersac
ive won an argument with a girl but then i still lost
Quote by rgrockr
I guess that's why my ass was sore when I woke up this morning.

It is now my goal to get skylerjames13 to BURN OUT
Every thread I touch closes
I ENJOY SKAAAAAAA
When are you gonna post the results? I'm interested.
Today I feel electric grey
I hope tomorrow, neon black
Thanks everyone. Ill post the results as soon as i have gathered enough responses to make the results meaningful. Probably in a few days.
You might wanna consider going to different sources to get more samples for the hip hop group, I'm pretty sure there's not many here who primarily listen to hip hop.
Today I feel electric grey
I hope tomorrow, neon black
What do you mean "behavioural problems"? I've been given very minor punishments for very minor things, like I'm sure everyone has.
I'LL PUNCH A DONKEY IN THE STREETS OF GALWAY
Quote by Ganoosh
You might wanna consider going to different sources to get more samples for the hip hop group, I'm pretty sure there's not many here who primarily listen to hip hop.

Yeah, that's a good point, and I also posted the survey in a Freestyle Skiing forum. Hip Hop and Rap pretty much dominate the music libraries of the majority of the demographic that visits that site.
Quote by whalepudding
What do you mean "behavioural problems"? I've been given very minor punishments for very minor things, like I'm sure everyone has.

Good question. I mean pretty much anything beyond the principle say "don't do that again". Detention, ISS, out of school suspension, expulsion. For the purposes of this survey, I'm considering anything related to behavior that warranted a detention or more severe enough to warrant a yes answer to the question.

Thanks again for the responses everyone.
MINOR UPDATE BUMP:
Wow. Words couldnt express how much i appreciate the amount of interest in the survey, and the number of responses i have already gotten. In just over an hour i have gathered about 130 responses , far more than i had expected to get EVER. The more responses, the more solid the data, and the more meaningful the results, so keep 'em coming UG. If we were to pass 200, I would be the happiest guy in the world.
Done. The first question reminded me of a fight I got in with a kid when I was in grade 1. Damn I was a br00tal 7 year old.
done!
John Frusciante
Slash
Jeff Beck
Matt Bellamy
Jack White

HT-5 Owners Thread

Owner of an 1/4 watt custom combo.

Quote by Garou1911
^This man speaks the language of win.

Donate to my cause
Finito, my friend. Let us know when the results are in.
My signature lacks content. It is, however, blue.
I drive faster when the music is heavier.
Quote by jrcsgtpeppers

If women can be annoyed there arent any women incongress I should be allowed to be pissed off there are no members of pink floyd or the beatles in congress.
Done, im interested to see what the results are like
Come back if you want to
And remember who you are
‘Cause there's nothing here for you my dear
And everything must pass
Finished. Want to see what the results are now.
GEAR

Fender Telecaster Standard
Ibanez GAX75
Takamine Jasmine
i did it, i did it!
Quote by -Collapse-
Oh, hello mister tracer! Lets dance!
Quote by CodySG
And we all poop in the sandwiches!

New Drug Chat, Eh? CLICK HERE

pass: misterhoffman
Done