so on memorial day weekend i ordered a guitar from ams (american musical supplies). they sent me the wrong guitar, although it wasn't exactly their fault. i called them up, told them the problem and they offered me store credit, and since there's another guitar i was planning to buy soon, i decided to get it now. it cost a little more, and they extended the memorial day sale to it, which i really appreciated.

a few minutes after my call, AMS emailed me a return label, and i stuck it on the box and sent it back through the place i get my mail. supposedly as soon as ups scans the label monday showing they have the box, AMS will ship the other guitar.

i must say that the mistake seems to be sorting itself out very well so far.

now if only breedlove didn't have two guitars with almost the same description, name and model number *grin* and even at that, i'm much more excited to have the GAD m20 on the way than the breedlove travel guitar!
cool thread bro, dont see the purpose though
Gibson Grand Concert Acoustic
roland AC90

I mean this one time I was jacking it pertty hard and was making noises and what not

You, my friend, are a genius!
the purpose of the thread?

for one thing, i share a lot of guitar stuff here. for another, those considering buying from ams in the future might like to hear how the exchange works out.
yeah but its more of a blog. so put it where it belongs
Gibson Grand Concert Acoustic
roland AC90

I mean this one time I was jacking it pertty hard and was making noises and what not

You, my friend, are a genius!
Quote by Skagasm
yeah but its more of a blog. so put it where it belongs

Says who? Things have a more conversational nature here, and Patti is one of our best contributors of everything acoustic guitar related. Why is sharing a good customer service experience inappropriate for a forum where we spend a lot of time giving advice on buying acoustic guitars?

Carry on, Patti.

Gear:
Partscaster/Tele into a bunch of pedals, a Maz 18 head, and a Z Best cab.
I returned a guitar to Sweetwater once and had a similar experience. Its nerve wracking to wonder if they're going to give you a hard time / is your reason worthy of return / will they say the guitar was damaged... so this is a good thread. Good return policies take a lot of the stress out of buying online. I live in the middle of nowhere (nearest Guitar Center is an hour drive), so this is important to me for the sake of selection.

In my case, I had unboxed and played the guitar for a few days (Epiphone Prophecy in the SG shape). After I had played it a while, I decided the neck-dive was going to be more than I wanted to deal with. Called them up and explained (truthfully, I might add), put it back in the box and shipped it back. I had to pay 15 bucks or so for shipping but that was it.