power supply.

?

but seriously.

Quote by me
ive never used a power brick before. im planning on getting one this week on TGP since my pedal collection is growing beyond my PSA adapter supply, and rather than get a 1spot again I'd rather just get a nice isolated supply.

is a voodoo labs pp2+ a safe bet? or should i be looking for a t-rex, bbe, or something else? im looking for like $140 tops though I'm gonna try to get it off TGP. anyways, just curious if anyone has any advice on what to look for/avoid before i just get a pp2+ based off the fact that so many people use em.

I would advise you to shut the hell up.

also yes, they are fairly good. Really if you aren't hearing that much noise from your pedals the one spot is sufficient. It does create a cluster**** of cables though.

This seemed cool because of the sag ability of the power supply

http://www.guitarcenter.com/Modtone-Power-Plant-Variable-Voltage-Energy-Station-484942-i1470610.gc

this seemed cool too

http://www.guitarcenter.com/Modtone-Power-Plant-Variable-Voltage-Energy-Station-484942-i1470610.gc

The 2+ has sag control which is cool. The t-rex has 8 outs and a 12v out. Buy one. I'm buying one. I hate cables.
Prs se Holcomb is the answer
Pedal Power II Plus is good. Just make sure that when you buy a power supply that it has isolated outputs. The T Rex Fuel Tank classic does not have isolated outputs, but the Fuel Tank JR does, however it only has 5 outputs.
Quote by bogg808
Pedal Power II Plus is good. Just make sure that when you buy a power supply that it has isolated outputs. The T Rex Fuel Tank classic does not have isolated outputs, but the Fuel Tank JR does, however it only has 5 outputs.

yeah, like i said, def looking for isolated outputs.

didnt know that about the fuel tank classic though... thanks for the info!

min: have you ever tried the modtone? ive seen it but i dont know anyone thats actually had it or used it...
How many pedals do you have? If you have less between 7 - 8, you should definitely consider the Fuel Tank Jr over the PP2+ considering that it is a cheaper alternative with practically similar features.
Quote by Blompcube
it's so cool to hate Gibson, even the federal Department of Justice hates them.

( )( )
( . .) This is Bunny. Copy and paste Bunny into your
C('')('') signature to help him gain world domination.
Do you have some kind of disability which forces you to over use unnecessary emoticons?

DON'T MAKE ME DESTROY YOU!

TURN OFF YOUR MIND RELAX AND FLOAT DOWNSTREAM

Quote by Scumbag1792
My God, this must be the smartest/greatest guy ever.
Best advise I can give you is to get the hell off the internet and get up to the store and try a bunch of them out. Don't take our advise. We are low rung pee ons blabbing advise on topics we know nothing about. It is all biased hearsay anyway.

I have a OneSpot and have 0 complaints.
Last edited by 311ZOSOVHJH at Jun 5, 2010,
ummm, you 2 guys with the emoticon comments... ive never seen you here before, atleast in GG&A. and im on 24/7, reading almost every thread.

typically the first thing i say to someone i dont even know isnt spamming their thread criticizing somethign that was clearly intended as a joke. i posted this question in the WTLTLT and because posts fly so fast there it got overlooked. so i put it here with emoticons for those with short attention spans. now gtfo of my thread if youre just gonna say stupid stuff.

Quote by ragingkitty
How many pedals do you have? If you have less between 7 - 8, you should definitely consider the Fuel Tank Jr over the PP2+ considering that it is a cheaper alternative with practically similar features.

right now i have 5, but its constantly changing and growing and trading around and whatnot, so i need flexibility in the number/features
Quote by 311ZOSOVHJH
Best advise I can give you is to get the hell off the internet and get up to the store and try a bunch of them out. Don't take our advise. We are low rung pee ons blabbing advise on topics we know nothing about. It is all biased hearsay anyway.

glad someone got the reference
it really depends on what kind of music you play.

and emotes suck tone so maybe that's the issue here?
I wondered why the frisbee was getting bigger, then it hit me.
Ya definitely go try some and tell me what you think. I've got like 15 pedals and need better management.
Prs se Holcomb is the answer
GC and Sam Ash here only have the voodoo labs. Otherwise I wouldn't have even posted cmon guys, you think I'd post this if I could try them in person?

lol

And for the 1Spot people - I've had them before. Not a fan of the messiness, they're kinda schizo with noise (some pedals work fine, some hum, some are just unusable), and since my stock changes so frequently, I need something with isolated outs so I can not worry about it. Plus both the ones I've had, one or 2 of the ends stopped working after like a month and it made the whole thing useless :/
Quote by josephde
right now i have 5, but its constantly changing and growing and trading around and whatnot, so i need flexibility in the number/features

Well, its like what AcousticMirror says it depends on what you need for your sound. Personally I've pretty much developed my pedal collection around 4 ODs, 1 chorus, 1 delay and one tuner... so it's really a matter of what you need. For my purposes, the Fuel Tank Jr has sufficient juice, and this is taking into consideration that I already use 2 outlets to juice my OCD for 18V, so I split 3 outlet among the other 6 pedals.

Anyways, just take the price difference into consideration.

Also I believe you might want to look into the Fuel Tank Chameleon. It is quite a bit more versatile than the Fuel Tank Jr is.
Quote by Blompcube

( )( )
honestly, at this point, the pp2+ with 8 isolated outputs, line 6 capability, 2 sag, 18v capability, and a 3 prong AC jack on the back is just kicking everything elses butt in terms of features/flexability...

anybody have anything negative to say about it?
Quote by josephde
honestly, at this point, the pp2+ with 8 isolated outputs, line 6 capability, 2 sag, 18v capability, and a 3 prong AC jack on the back is just kicking everything elses butt in terms of features/flexability...

anybody have anything negative to say about it?

Yes, I do.

Will you be paying for features you won't be using?
Quote by Blompcube

( )( )
Quote by ragingkitty
Yes, I do.

Will you be paying for features you won't be using?

i dunno. since I don't have a set board of pedals, never have, and most likely never will, I'd much rather have the features available then end up having to upgrade later to something that does

i seriously add and trade pedals a few times a week on average. which is why im really looking for something that i can have and not worry about it not doing something i need later :/

and it's really not that much more expensive than anything else i dont think? I can get em on TGP for 125-140 brand new.
bbe supra charger is wortg a lookey.
I wondered why the frisbee was getting bigger, then it hit me.
i want to either buy an isolated 9v supply, or make one. i think it'd work very well. D:

and i'm looking at the pedal power 2+ it looks pretty promising to me. my buddy uses it, and hes got no complaints for it.
Call me "Shot".

ShotRod Guitar Works

Custom Hand-wired Amplifiers and Effect Pedals.

Est. 2007

Source to everything I say about Guitars, Pedals, and Amplifiers: I make them.

UG's Best DIY PedalBoard
Quote by gregs1020
bbe supra charger is wortg a lookey.

yeah, thats one of the ones i was looking at in my OP. I've just never come across anyone thats actually used it- people just recommend it a lot. id be totally cool with it if i could find one... i never see em on TGP though

really my question is just whether there are any that have known problems/reliability issues that I should steer away from, or some that have nifty features that really stand out. I like that the pp2+ has the 3 prong... i dont have a need for the sag feature atm, but thats not to say i wont next week

i just figured surely we have some people here using bricks that can say whether theyve had a good experience with their iso-5 or whether theyve gone through 4 dunlops in a year, etc.