i'm really poor, because i bought into the biggest money making scheme out there...college. but apparently i get some piece of paper at the end of it that lets me make a lot of money or something...ANYWAY

since i'm poor i think i'm going to have to settle with a multi-effects pedal/board for the time being.. so what do you guys recommend for the price range of $150-$200?
I think that a Boss ME-25 is in that price range, I've heard good things about it from my friend, and he's big on multi-fx.
What are you running it into?
Quote by Blompcube
it's so cool to hate Gibson, even the federal Department of Justice hates them.

( )( )
( . .) This is Bunny. Copy and paste Bunny into your
C('')('') signature to help him gain world domination.
Just make sure it has an on/off switch. My ZOOM G1 pedal doesn't have one, which can be slightly annoying sometimes. XD
Last edited by zephyrclaw at Jun 6, 2010,
Quote by zephyrclaw
Just make sure it has an on/off switch. My ZOOM G1 pedal doesn't have one, which can be slightly annoying sometimes. XD

I've never seen one with that, not even high end ones. They all turn on when you plug the guitar jack input, and will only turn off when you unplug it.
Quote by sfx
I've never seen one with that, not even high end ones. They all turn on when you plug the guitar jack input, and will only turn off when you unplug it.

My ME-50 has an on/off switch, the RP-250 does also.

I would have to recommend a POD. Please dont get the Boss, it's really bad.
"If you're looking for me,
you better check under the sea,
because that's where you'll find me..."
Quote by ragingkitty
What are you running it into?

fender frontman 15w

thanks for the suggestions btw
i have the Zoom G1X and it at least has a pedal to control the level of the effects i got mine used for 80 bucks and im extremely satisfied with it (except for the fact that when its used it doesnt have this thing called a MANUAL would really help if you got it, you can get the manual off the site but still)
Quote by tknick90
fender frontman 15w

thanks for the suggestions btw

I know that this isn't what you asked, but you may want to think about buying a new amp with that money. Why have a pedal that's worth more than your amp, especially when you have an EXTREMELY low end amp?
Quote by phlip999
I know that this isn't what you asked, but you may want to think about buying a new amp with that money. Why have a pedal that's worth more than your amp, especially when you have an EXTREMELY low end amp?

i second this, pedals are used to spice up and amp that already sounds great. if your amp doesn't sound good, what's the point of effects then?

Get a peavy vypyr or something like that, a lot of different sounds, generally a better amp than the frontman. the 15 watt is well within your budget, and it has built in effects, and models different amps, there are tons of different options you can do with it.

Unless you do really like the frontman, in which case, i recommend the digitech rp350 (now rp355) it's a good pedal.
http://www.youtube.com/user/heavymetal1110
My youtube channel

Epiphone Korina explorer, Fender MIM Strat, Ibanez GSA60, Ibanez AEG25
The amp: Bugera 1990
Pedals: Ibanez Tubescreamer,wylde od, wylde wah, Tc electronic g major,
Last edited by camaross427 at Jun 6, 2010,
Quote by phlip999

Yeah, this guy's got the right idea. If I was you, TS, I'd sell your Frontman and use your original budget and the money from the Frontman to get a Peavey Vypyr and its footswitch. That's probably your best option.
Fender Lite Ash --> TC Polytune --> Digitech Whammy V --> MXR Phase 90 --> EHX Small Clone --> Strymon Orbit --> TC Flashback X4 --> Rivera R55
My ME-50 has an on/off switch, the RP-250 does also.

I would have to recommend a POD. Please dont get the Boss, it's really bad.

nope ive had RP250 for a year and a half and i did not notice any on/off switch! :p
no switches on RP models (unless may be RP500 and 1000?? i dont know about those)

They all turn on when you plug the guitar jack input, and will only turn off when you unplug it.

nope mine actually turns on and off when i plug the adapter! despite the guitar jack

hmm anyways as i said i have had RP250 for a long time and now i have the RP355 and it's awesome!! ebtter than ME-20 trust me!

it has got anything you need plus 20 seconds looper.. it's 200 bux so go for it or RP255
Err... not sure why people are recommending Boss and Digitech... for $200 you could easily get a POD XT Live with quite possibly all the model packs. That would last a long time and sound about 50x better IMO.
Quote by Dave_Mc
I've had tube amps for a while now, but never actually had any go down on me
Quote by jj1565
maybe you're not saying the right things? an amp likes to know you care.

www.SanctityStudios.com